This is a discussion of getting the PX4Flow sensor working with Copter-3.3.1 (or higher).

Views: 23268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the version I use

Philip, Did you mean "px4flow-klt-06Dec2014" ?

Yes

With Copter-3.3 or 3.4-dev?

3.3 or 3.4

I just tried adding the PX4 optical flow module onto my copter.  I also have a maxbotix 1040.

I have set:

EK2_GPS_TYPE = 3

FLOW_ENABLE = 1

EKF_ALT_SOURCE = 1

I have had good success following the test document listed here:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html

I body, flow and gyro have good correspondence (log is attached).

When I attempt to fly, the optical flow is not working at all.  I have substantial drift.  Looking at the logs of the flight (also attached, I can see that EKF5.FIX and EKF5.FIY are flat-lined and EKF4.SS has a true in bit 7 and a false in bit 3, which I understand are wrong.

Does anyone see what is wrong with my configuration (also attached) that is making optical flow not work?

Attachments:

I realized my rangefinder value was erratic at takeoff.  I moved the rangefinder higher, and it now has better performance, but still no Opitcal Flow control.  Log is attached.

Jared Muirhead said:

I just tried adding the PX4 optical flow module onto my copter.  I also have a maxbotix 1040.

I have set:

EK2_GPS_TYPE = 3

FLOW_ENABLE = 1

EKF_ALT_SOURCE = 1

I have had good success following the test document listed here:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html

I body, flow and gyro have good correspondence (log is attached).

When I attempt to fly, the optical flow is not working at all.  I have substantial drift.  Looking at the logs of the flight (also attached, I can see that EKF5.FIX and EKF5.FIY are flat-lined and EKF4.SS has a true in bit 7 and a false in bit 3, which I understand are wrong.

Does anyone see what is wrong with my configuration (also attached) that is making optical flow not work?

Attachments:

Looks like my issue was that the compass was not enabled.  It shouldn't need to be for optical flow, but it's all ok now.

I have the pixracer working with code compiled from the master. On my pixhawk I can use the px4flow module, but on the pixracer it fails to open the driver. I can't find the source of the problem in the code. Does anyone know the issue?

Recently I replaced the HRLV MaxBotics Sonar of PX4Flow with SF10 Lidar . SF10 Lidar's range is 0 to 50 meters as compared to  HRLV's 0 to 5 meter.
I managed to integrate the SF10 Lidar successfully but the values won't go beyond 9.9 meter although I made all the necessary changes in the Sonar.c code 
Is there any hardware or library limitation in PX4Flow that the range of any range finder integrated to it won't go beyond 9.9 meters.

@Bhaskar,

I've never heard of a 10m limitation.  Are you sure that the range finder parameters are all set correctly?  There is a RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.  As a side note, I plan to test optical flow with the light ware range finders on my new development copter over the next month or so all using Copter-3.4.  I hope I will be able to help iron out issues if i hit any.

@ Randy 

Thanks for the response :)

Can you help me know the location of the RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.

Randy said:

@Bhaskar,

I've never heard of a 10m limitation.  Are you sure that the range finder parameters are all set correctly?  There is a RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.  As a side note, I plan to test optical flow with the light ware range finders on my new development copter over the next month or so all using Copter-3.4.  I hope I will be able to help iron out issues if i hit any.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service