Optical Flow Sensor and APM 2.5

I m trying to connect my optical flow sensor to my APM 2.5 but having a very hard time.

I have successfully uploaded the pde test file and install the python 2.7 and uploaded the python script successfully but nothing I send in a I and a M and no data is returned.

I was afraid the low light was an issue so I used LED's and I turned the lens in and out over and over again and nothing.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello, Can you also send me the setup steps and the pictures?

My e-mail es jaredmuirhead@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jared

• Hello all!

This is my first post. I would be very grateful if you can help me with my Optical Flow problem.

My setup is APM 2.5 flashed with AC 3.2. I received the OptFlow sensor and connected the device to APM as per the instructions. I cut and soldered 3V jumper as per instructions. Now the tricky part.

1. My APM 2.5 terminal does not work. A recent post I read stated AC v3.2 does not have working CLI terminal on purpose.

2. If using Pyton test code I get "can't init 3080" and the sketch does not show any image whatsoever.

3. If I enable OptFlow in MP nothing happens.

Could anyone share detailed guide how to get this running? Also, could you advise me how can I really benefit from OptFlow in practice?

Thank you 

• Hi,

I am looking to the schematic from this post,

3692756099?profile=original

And at the APM 2.6 I have,

POwerRails.png

and I notice that the GND from optical flow going to S A11, then VCC to -Vcc on APM.

Is the schematic right, or I am miss interpret it ?

Thank you.

• Hi Marius, use the schematich, port 10 and 11 is different, if you want to test of sensor

goto terminal ,click connect,  "show settings", type "optflow on", goto test in terminal type "optflow"

now you should test the sensor

• Hello, Can you send me the setup steps and the pictures?

My e-mail es quibecor@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

• Hi, I would like an email also on your setup and pictures. I can't seem to get mine to show changes in the test.

Thanks

daskinkaid at gmail.com

• Plz send me one as well, I can get the data via cli but it seem not to be working in sky
  • Hi CVV,

Give me your mail id I'll forward to you mail, because here photos are not getting upload.
    • Hi Mr Venkat, 

I already test my OF with firmware 2.9.1b and something is wrong with it telling me that i just did a silly mistake. could you forward to my email as well? i want to make comparison

shafiemukhre@gmail.com

• Hi can you please send photos to me as well, my email is sufalraja@yahoo.com

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity