Optimizing my first quad

3691185006?profile=originalThis was the first fly of my baby, it was my first build, I like it because it's very strong and allows me to learn without crash damages, and a great code that support all design errors, but now I'm on a second stage, I learn somethings and now I want a more efficient cuad.

a) 20 min flying time at least (today 14 min)

b) More stability in windy days.

c) reach 1km min with r modem.

d) Resolve mag field limit.

e) Mantain the portability (no much bigger)

f) Beauty is important for me too ;)

I started this work last year (2014),

First I ligthweight as much as possible, only cup -90 grs, take away an extra floor, etc, total -200grs and reduce vibrations but I have many work to do yet and I think that a post it's the best place to share with you and recive your help, any idea is welcome.

First thing that I'm going to do to continue is to change motors, it has Turnigy 2836 950kv they are old cheap plane motors with bearings near limit with 10.47 CF props and 30A esc, I test them with my ligthest batteries two Multistar 5200 and gives 26 A consumption 

Ship weights now 1.47kgs without batteries, with FPV and Dragon receiver and this is the photo

3691184932?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Glad your making progress Cala :] 

• I reach a)  b)  d)  e)

c) still working

f) working (near complete)

• I recived the M8N gps with compass and solve compass interferences, I disabled the int one and no more problems, the gps is impressive, 18 up to 20 sats on the end of the world :O

I resolved telemetry and I have a perfectible tunning but it's flying well including strong winds

• Now I have to solve little details yet but I'm very happy how this guy is flying with wind too, It's give me a lot of work but a lot of learning too and two nice copters :D.

Next to solve:

http://diydrones.com/group/arducopterusergroup/forum/topics/telemet...

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ac-3-1-autotune-support-discussio...

Install n8m with ext compass to solve mag interferences.

Better dampening FPV camera (I confused and bougth a cmos one glup!! )

• Obious I change to 3.3 rc12 release (much better) and copter becomes to fly well but still loose altitude so I put this light salad boul covering and solve that problem

3702109798?profile=original

• I change dampening system again for this ridiculous system but works much better (If you can't fight against enemy (resolve vibs)  go with them ;) (put an exagerate dampening system))

3702109938?profile=original

• 3702109778?profile=originalNext result: another hole new cuad LOL, only Esc are original, the Pixhawk (chinesse) is installed, the gps is the original too but waiting a N8M with ext compass to arrive soon; but this time I dissasemble the old one ;)

• I modified the gps mast, tomorrow I'm going to do compas cal again and wait stop raining to test

3702058532?profile=originalyou can notice the compass under forward the GPS

• New test moving gps, same results, next step: change the board

• The battle isn't lost yet ;) 

The new board have just arrived :D ; (a cheap chinesse Pix, I don't like connectors but the only that I can buy for our customer restrictions for the moment)

I ask for this dampening system too http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__76727__APM_Flight_Controller...

Now I'm studying Pix instructions, I'm nor shure how to connect the common esc to the pix, if it's better to remove 5v wire from 3 esc and connect  only one? the zenner resistor is important in my case?.

I saw an helicopter pilot flyer that use silicone glue to fix his Rx connectors, It's possible to use on pix little ones ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity