A much improved version of Palentier, the open source aerial mapping software, is now available.

www.palentier.com

The new version has an improved interface and a slew of bug fixes.

Palentier processes aerial photographs collected from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) by scaling, orienting and integrating the images to real world coordinate systems. It does this by analyzing the telemetry data from the UAV and merging it with the aerial photographs. The results are then superimposed for viewing in Google Earth or in a Geographic Information System (GIS) like ArcGIS. Currently, export to Google Earth (KML and KMZ), JPEG world files (*.jpgw), and Leica Photogrammetry Suite's are supported.

Palentier was originally developed for use in a MikroKopter but has been tested with fixed‐winged UAVs. This version of Palentier incorporates many new controls so that use with Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) and Blimp Aerial Photography (BAP) are now easier.

The Palentier website and blog have the latest information.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am very interested in Palentier.  Ive been following this discussion for the last few months, and am just beginning to explore the possibilities of aerial photography for archaeology.

• Developer

Mark,

What information do you need to use your program?

it wont do anything like bundler and generate camera postions will it? I have several photos but no gps coords for them, but could manual setup some gcp, but if the photos are not matched between my gcp it wont work.

Thanks

Michael

This reply was deleted.

Activity