PARKZONE Radian

Ok I have been working on a design for an airframe for my UAV. But, I have an opprtunity to purchase a Parkzone Radian RTF.

Any opinions on if that would be suitable for a UAV? I know the prop is up front, but I think for my use, I can work around that.

Also have an opportunity to buy an Exceed 2000 RTF. I know that would be a good airframe, but it is currently a Nitro plane.

Thanks

http://image.usedregina.com/photos/03/77/14211077_640.jpg

radian.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @Hein

http://vimeo.com/10727155

check this out...
  • @Hein

Thanks a bunch.

Nice to see it with electronics installed, certainly a snug fit. I wonder if it might be possible to move the servos to the wings and rear fuse/tail structure to create more room up front for an APMega and IMU? Might be an interesting project.
  • @Ron the rough measurements are as follows :

Length of main compartment : 13cm (back of motor to back of compartment)
    Width of main compartment : 4.5cm - 5cm (narrower towards back and front)
    Depth of main compartment : 2.5cm ( with indentations up to 4.5cm) - this is to the rim, not top of canopy
    Depth of main compartment : 5.5 - this is to top of canopy

In the photos you will notice there is a channel that runs into the fuse, this is the width and height to fit a 3s lipo pack and is about 6cm deep, it also connects to the servo area which is under the fuse with the trap door you can see on some of the photos.

The servo area is 12.5cm long 3.5cm wide and varies around 2cm deep.

There is also a photo of my current fuse to give you an idea, actually not too full.

Having had a look at it again, with some work you could squeeze a ArduPilot+IMU in there if you move the ESC and remove some of the side and bottom area of the compartment. You would probably have to strengthen the sides of the fuse though as the sides are +1cm thick on the sides.

Hope this helps a bit, if you need more info just ask....

H
  • Ron, the Radian does not have much space in the front, if you put a larger battery pack in there is just about none after the ESC etc. Also, the Radian is not meant for powered flight, more a glider with a motor to get to altitude. I have one of these and can measure the compartment if you need.

H
This reply was deleted.

Activity