PID for 'original' hexa

Hi.

This is my first multirotor and it's almost perfect.I've made maiden flight today and my hexa (from jdrones) is oscilating a little bit (faster). It's almost when windy (a little, too). I'll post a video soon, but reading wiki, i saw that i must change RATE_ROLL_P and RATE_PITCH_P.....how to much i need to decrease during tests? The default on firmware 2.0.49 is 4.6...lets say, 4.5 and test?

I don't have telemetry yet, so i need to land, plug usb and change.

I also noticed another thing: i'm doing some tests in my bad, holding my hexa with motos on and about 5cm in the air. With default settings, using telemetry by usb, i click on "Flight Data" and select "Tuning" checkbox. In this graphic, i can see all 4 lines moving in the original settings. After changing P for stabillize pitch & roll from 4.6 (default) to 4.3 (i'll try tomorrow), the lines nav_roll and nav_pitch doesn't move anymore, stay in line, even moving my hexa. This is right?

I've just changed P settings and clicked on "Write Params". Is safe to flight?  i'm planing more tests tomorrow.

APM 1.0.84 and FW 2.0.49

Tks

PS: LOG files attached. first before change, second after change (you can see lines not moving)

2011-10-22 07-30-05.tlog

2011-10-22 07-38-06.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Jonis, for original jDrones ArduCopter HEXAs with bigger motors good starting PIDs are looking like this:

Stabile roll/pitch

P: 3.0

I: 0.01

IMAX: 2.0

Those values are good starting point to make your finetunes.

• Flight video:

This reply was deleted.

Activity