Pixhawk 2.1 and Futaba R7008SB RX

Hey Everyone,

I'm just looking for some help on a problem I recently stumbled upon. I have been using a Pixhawk 1 with ArduCopter v3.3.3 and a Futaba R7008SB RC receiver for some time now with no issues.

I recently purchased a Pixhawk 2.1 and have not been successful configuring it for flight yet because I cannot perform an RC radio calibration with the R7008SB. I have tried AC v3.4.2, 3.4.5, and 3.4.6. When I open the radio calibrator in mission planner (I have tried Mission Planner v1.3.36 and v1.3.48), the channel bars have no green at all, as if they are not getting a signal from the receiver.

To me this hints that the Pixhawk 2.1 and listed firmwares are not compatible with the Futaba R7008SB. I have verified that the transmitter and receiver are both working. I am plugging the receiver into the RC servo port on the Pixhawk 2.1.

Has anyone run into this issue? My next step is to try a Spektrum receiver but I would really like to stick with the Futaba if possible.

Thanks for any help or insights you guys might have!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Paul,

Thats an sbus rx, right? plug into the sbus port. Ive been using a spektrum satellite rx on my PH2.1 with no problems. Range may be an issue though.

-Jon

• Here's an update.

I scrounged up a Spektrum satellite receiver and it works without a hitch. It definitely seems to me like the Futaba receiver isn't supported by the Pixhawk 2.1 and the newer firmwares.

Can anyone help me confirm this?

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity