Pixhawk and Feiyu G3

Has anyone been able to get the Pixhawk to connect to a Feiyu G3 2 axis gimbal? We are having no success here:

-9XR transmitter

-Frysky DB82 receiver

-Channel 6 assigned to tuning knob on transmitter

-Feiyu G3 gimbal control wire connected to AUX 1 out on Pixhawk

-Feiyu G3 gimbal power supply is separate

-Mission planner gimbal page set up channel 9 and channel 6 input

We get nothing, nada, no response to transmitter input. Tried many different combinations. Nothing. Gimbal just goes to extreme up position. With something as sophisticated as the Pixhawk there must be a way to do this simple thing. We just need manual control of the gimbal pitch while flying

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes problem is solved. You must power up gimbal after powering up Pixhawk. There is not a separate power supply. Power comes via 3dr power module straight off the 4s battery
    • Over time this feiyu has developed other problems. Intermittently it loses level during flight. Drifts to the point of being nearly upside down. Also the stabilization software seems so slow it's unable to keep up with movements resulting in shaky video. Just ordered a dys to replace. Will see if that product is better. At least the DYS uses AlexMos stabilization and can be properly updated
      • Sounds bad. I hope mine will last longer. 

My first Gimbal was a dys 3 axis with alex mos on a 3DR X8. Never managed to get it to work properly. 

The yaw axis sometimes worked, sometimes not (started to work once the circuit board was touched). It always started to shake like crazy when the quad went above 45 degree angles as long as all 3 axis are enabled. No change in settings could get rid of it. Once I disabled one of the 3 axis the shaking was gone. Ended up disabling yaw and using it as a 2 axis gimbal only. 

Hope you have much better luck with yours. 

• No need with this wiring in file attached! 

Cheers

Claude

alternative MinimOSD.jpg

• The point is that the Pixhawk needs to be up and running before power to the gimbal is applied as otherwise the firmware times out (now valid PWM signal) and locks the inputs. I wrote to Feiyu and the acknowledged that there is no workaround (or setting or modified firmware) to solve this. :-(

• Can you tell us, if you solved your problem?

If not, what voltage on your separate power supply is apply to your gimbal?

thank you

• Hi,

I just installed the pixhawk in the XuGong and have exactly the same issue.

No tilt control (tilt channel connected to pixhawk) when I power the quad up. If I unplug the gimbal power and plug it back in after that I get all the control immediately.

Means the Pixhawk would need to be powered first and after that the Gimbal.

Has anyone found a workaround (setting on Pixhawk or gimbal/FW) that solves this?

Thanks a lot,
    Eric

• Can you give more detals about how your power supply the gimbal ? 

And how your 3 wires connectors are connected?

Thank you

• Just wanted to let all readers know that I found the solution. Turns out that the order of powering up the gimbal is important. First power up Pixhawk, then power up gimbal. Do not power everything up simultaneously. I am still trying to improve the predictability of the adjustment knob. The gimbal will swing from full down to full up without problems. You can even get it to stop where you want it at level. The problem is this: When flying you cannot see which way the gimbal is pointed. I need a way to ensure the gimbal is pointing straight after moving it. Perhaps a solution is to limit the upward tilt to a maximum of level. This way after moving gimbal in flight, you can move the knob to the upper limit and be assured the camera is facing forward. I have experimented with max angle limits in mission planner to no avail yet

• Good to hear Chris thanks for the update.

Sounds like you need to set the servo limits. This will give the min and max for pitch control.  

Servo Limits hold the minimum and maximum PWM while Angle Limits are the earth-frame angles (in degrees) that the gimbal can achieve i.e.0 degrees is straight ahead -90 degrees is straight down.

Set the servo limits and the pitch will only go to those numerical values.

Todd H.

This reply was deleted.

Activity