Has anyone been able to get the Pixhawk to connect to a Feiyu G3 2 axis gimbal? We are having no success here:

-9XR transmitter

-Frysky DB82 receiver

-Channel 6 assigned to tuning knob on transmitter

-Feiyu G3 gimbal control wire connected to AUX 1 out on Pixhawk

-Feiyu G3 gimbal power supply is separate

-Mission planner gimbal page set up channel 9 and channel 6 input

We get nothing, nada, no response to transmitter input. Tried many different combinations. Nothing. Gimbal just goes to extreme up position. With something as sophisticated as the Pixhawk there must be a way to do this simple thing. We just need manual control of the gimbal pitch while flying

Views: 1565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No need with this wiring in file attached! 

Cheers

Claude

Attachments:

The point is that the Pixhawk needs to be up and running before power to the gimbal is applied as otherwise the firmware times out (now valid PWM signal) and locks the inputs. I wrote to Feiyu and the acknowledged that there is no workaround (or setting or modified firmware) to solve this. :-(

Over time this feiyu has developed other problems. Intermittently it loses level during flight. Drifts to the point of being nearly upside down. Also the stabilization software seems so slow it's unable to keep up with movements resulting in shaky video. Just ordered a dys to replace. Will see if that product is better. At least the DYS uses AlexMos stabilization and can be properly updated

Sounds bad. I hope mine will last longer. 

My first Gimbal was a dys 3 axis with alex mos on a 3DR X8. Never managed to get it to work properly. 

The yaw axis sometimes worked, sometimes not (started to work once the circuit board was touched). It always started to shake like crazy when the quad went above 45 degree angles as long as all 3 axis are enabled. No change in settings could get rid of it. Once I disabled one of the 3 axis the shaking was gone. Ended up disabling yaw and using it as a 2 axis gimbal only. 

Hope you have much better luck with yours. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service