Hey all, well its been a frustrating time here with the newly purchased pixhack. I purchase a genuine CUAV unit and was told I could run APM/PX4 stack with out any issues, but I simply cannot do it.

I have done pritty much everything I could think off to run it in mission planner with updating to latest firmware first, then older firmware, still same issue.

The problem I have is below;

1. boot up via usb GPS plugged in, safety switch plugged in, external LED plugged in.

2. Pixhack begins for a few seconds then, little LED flashing red/blue along with white light solid...

3. this is where it stops... nothing more.

NOW, while I CAN update the firmware to the latest firmware (heli) in this instance, it never initializes from what I can tell. I have looked at the logs and it states a repeating error: Initialising APM, then Error: check BRD_TYPE: no lsm303d found???????????

As far as I am aware, the lsm303d my pixhack HAS a lsm303d acc/mag????

have I bricked this thing?????

As mentioned NOTHING that I do solves this issue. I have reset the unit via holding down safety switch, reseting via little side buttons and power on. I have googled the hell out of it and nothing is working...

so....before I pack it away and buy something else...can anything be done here you think?ANY assistance would be great!

Views: 2298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tridge, your bang on the money!! did what you said and it worked. Now I guess the questions is, is this release of the firmware due out this year? or no plans for release yet?

Cheers!

Andrew Tridgell said:

Hi Chad,

ok, sounds like you are using the latest stable release, not "master". I should have explained better.

The "master" release refers to the latest alpha development code. To get the option to load that you you need to type control-Q while on the "install firmware" page. You will see the version numbers offered change to 3.5-dev.

Basically what is happening is this:

• the 3.3 release checks for sensors in early bootup and gives the red LED if a sensor is missing
  • the 3.4 release checks for sensors after the link to MissionPlanner starts, and gives the BRD_TYPE error if it can't find a sensor
  • the 3.5 release skips the sensor check if you have already set BRD_TYPE. This is what you will need

note that 3.5 is unstable firmware, I'm suggesting it to give you a preview of what is coming, as it happens to solve your issue (or not so much solve, as allow you to fly with a bad IMU).

Cheers, Tridge

I am following this tread as I have the same issue with 3 Pixhawk Minis I purchased from 3DR.com.  In short, can the Pix Mini be used with Mission Planner as a stable autopilot?  If so, which version release? 

We are getting up against a deadline and need to find a stable platform.  In November the release of the Pixhawk Mini (3DR) kept being pushed back, now we are scrambling to get these in the air.

Thanks for letting me jump in here.

Andrew Tridgell said:

Hi Chad,

ok, sounds like you are using the latest stable release, not "master". I should have explained better.

The "master" release refers to the latest alpha development code. To get the option to load that you you need to type control-Q while on the "install firmware" page. You will see the version numbers offered change to 3.5-dev.

Basically what is happening is this:

• the 3.3 release checks for sensors in early bootup and gives the red LED if a sensor is missing
  • the 3.4 release checks for sensors after the link to MissionPlanner starts, and gives the BRD_TYPE error if it can't find a sensor
  • the 3.5 release skips the sensor check if you have already set BRD_TYPE. This is what you will need

note that 3.5 is unstable firmware, I'm suggesting it to give you a preview of what is coming, as it happens to solve your issue (or not so much solve, as allow you to fly with a bad IMU).

Cheers, Tridge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service