Pixhawk Failures

I recently bought an X8 from 3DR and the Pixhawk failed.  3DR was great and replaced the Pixhawk at no cost in a timely manner and I am happy, but also wondering how many others have seen the Pixhawk fail.  I hope my experience is the exception to the rule, except, of course, for the great support by 3DR.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RIght now I dont know if I have a failure, but I bought 2 in the Christmas time frame. Due to a house fire

I am just now starting back up. I tried to program both. With the wizard and I get to downloading the firmware 

part 3/16 and I just run into a brick wall. I dont get any musical tones that the booklet says just the 3 tones 3 tones.

Anybody got any ideas? I am getting ready to dig into the threads as see what I can find. I just finished a APM 2.5 

autopilot and everything went fine. But this Pixhawks a different animal. I dont know if I have the SBUS R7008 futaba reciever hooked up correctly and that maybe causing problems. The 4 motors seem to be fine. Do I have to have the whole system up? Radio/autopilot motors connected? Cause I didnt have them connected for safety reasons.

• Paul, the PIXHAWK has a different USB behavior than the APM. All my computers (mainly older Thinkpad) were able to upload FW to the APM, but only two of them were getting along with the PX, MP yes, FW upload no...which active Hubs did not improve. So I would suggest to try other computers (and a start with the naked PX, to exclude that exteriors draw too much current). Btw. this is not a 3DR buildt issue, same thing with a 3rd Party PX.

• Gerv. I found out I made a couple mistakes, one the Rx was not in mode B, secondly and most important

I did NOT have any SD card in it. So put it in and PRESTO!! But guess what happens? I dont realize that the Pixhawk was backward so I try recalibrating and now it wont talk to my computer again. The Pix makes all the right musical tones now as opposed to what it did earlier Beep Beep Beep. I am thinking of taking out the SD card and erasing it and starting over. This is on a newer Mac (the APM 2.0 mac OS dont work at all) retina display with windows 7 32 bit, running on VM ware. Its always worked but I have a few more PCs up my sleeve tho.

• Yes,it won´t work without an SD Card. Some of the PX batches came with defective SD Cards. When my PX got stuck one day, I took it out and formated it, CHKDSK should do as well. But this is for WIN I am not familiar with Mac @ all. (or indoor beep sequences, since this gets on my nerves) Good luck!

This reply was deleted.

Activity