Hoping someone can help, I have a lot of knowledge of APM 2.0, 2.5, 2.6 etc.......so do not need the basics.

Never had a problem with APM.  Received my Pixhawk yesterday.  Please note I have tried this with the new APM planner and Mission Planner after the most recent update.  This is the issue.

I can connect to the unit via USB ONLY to load the firmware.  I am loading the Stable 3.1 and following the procedure exactly, I have an acceptable upload with no errors.  BUT the unit after each re-do of this has LED fast blinking Red and I cannot connect via USB to MP or APM Planner, also cannot connect via 3DR radio.

I have also used the firmware from DIY firmware site and loaded as custom.  Exact same results

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you  much, JEFF

Views: 520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please ask on the new forums as well, as this will become the spot for all tech support http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

@Jeff,

Do you have the speaker hooked up to the Pixhawk?

If the Pixhawk startup sequence is like the PX4, which I have, you have to wait until the second set of tones before connecting via MavLink. The first set of tones is the boot loader followed by a moment of silence and then the second set of tones after which you should be able to connect via MavLink.

I assume that you have the correct Com port and baud rate selected and the SD card inserted in its slot?

Also I have found that using a powered USB hub can help with the USB communication issue. Both the PX4 and Pixhawk take a fair amount of USB current especially with the GPS/Compass module attached.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

This is the state my board is in after successful upload

video

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service