Hi

I`m trying to get Mission planner connected to my Pixhawk through RPI using UDP protocol. But somehow it fails. If i`m using APMplanner 2 everything is working and connections is good.

When i hit the connect button in mission planner it`s saying "waiting for connection" and sometimes its starting to count down and sometimes its start`s to receive packages for a couple of seconds, but ends up in "connect failed" error.
I`v been trying several types of UDP server in my RPI with same result.

1. Python udp script
  2. TTL to Ethernet adapter, running UDP redirect in RPI
  3. Mavlink,

I tested my old APM 2,5 board instead of Pixhawk, and its work like a charm.
What is the different between APM and Pixhawk telemetry packages.

If i`m using Pixhawk and Mavlink, it sometimes connects successfully 1 out of 10 times maybe, but the latency is very high.

With TCP connection there is no problem at all APM & Pixhawk connects perfectly. Everything running smooth..
TCP tested method`s:

1. Ser2net- Working perfect (Tested without TTL to Eth adapter. TX/RX connected directly to RPI)
  2. Python TCP script -  Working perfect (Tested without TTL to Eth adapter. TX/RX connected directly to RPI) 
  3. Socat comand line ( socat UDP4-RECVFROM:14450,fork UDP4-SENDTO:<DynDns>:14450

So my question is:
Why is UDP working in APMplanner 2 and not MP?
Is there something else i need to considerate when using PixHawk UDP and MP
I will try to use Wireshark to see whats happening to my package, but i could really need some advice on what to look for.

Regards
Bernt Christian Egeland

Views: 1420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can you please try the latest MP beta.

help > update beta.

and tell me the error you see now. it should be a different error than last time

See my new logfile using beta version,

https://github.com/diydrones/MissionPlanner/issues/485

Regards 

Bernt Chr

Hi
I finally solved my issue..
If i recycle the power for pixhawk 2 seconds before i press download Firmware, UDP works like i charm..
I really don't know why this procedure would make any different.

Have a great summer and enjoy flying. I certainly will.

Regards
Bernt Christian Egeland

Michael.  Please see my new post at Github

Regards

Bernt Christian Egeland

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service