Hey, everyone.  

I've got my X8R seemingly working well with the Pixhawk for basic controls and some flight modes on sbus.  I haven't flown it yet.  I'm curious about how to trigger RTL with a switch.  I setup channel 7 on the transmitter, mission planner sees it triggered, but I'm unsure how get the signal to trigger RTL on the Pixhawk.

My current FS Options are set to Enabled always RTL and FS pwm 990.

Thanks in advance.

Cory

Views: 5942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm starting to think I should just stick with Naza computers.  Seems like I always have to jump through hoops for the APM/Pixhawk stuff.  Normally that would be fine, but spending ludicrous amounts of time on things that should be easy is getting old.

No hoops needed just look in the wiki. http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/channel-7-and-8-options/

Thanks very much for the reply.  I'm new to this system, and didn't know to look at the Pids.  I very much appreciate you taking the time. Id did many, many searches before posting here, and the information didn't turn up.

Np. You can also set the behaviour in the Standard Params view.

I find most website search features to be less than adequate. A good technique for google is to specify the site you want to search. So entering the phrase site:ardupilot.com will limit results to that site and helps remove the unwanted hits.

Turns out my 3DR ublox gps is trash.  I bought it late last year with an APM 2.6, and never did get it to lock.  Ended up having to put the project aside for other work, came back to it today with my new Pixhawk and still no lock.  I figured I am past being able to return it to 3DR now, so I opened up the plastic shell to check the soldering points.  The "taoglas" module on the top of the board is split in one of the corners.  I assume the whole thing is bad, which is why I never got it to lock with either autopilot.

I also happen to own a new Phantom 2, which of course, just works when I want it to.  I was planning to use the Pixhawk on a 800-900 size hexa build (testing/learning now with an F450), but I'm having second thoughts now.

As for the search features on this site, the problem is worse than that.  I think there's a problem with the wiki where things weren't put together search engine friendly, because I rarely ever get results back from the wiki.  Usually it's rcgroups.com or sometimes the forums here.

You could put a new ceramic antenna on it. I'm sure it's not all bad. see http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GP.1575.25.4.A.02/931-1015... for the part you need

Good idea, Bill.  For $5 I might be able to salvage it and use it for my APM test quad.  Worth a shot.

Thanks for the link.

The failsafe with X8R via sbus it doesn't work at the moment with Pixhawk if you set the channel to your desired values.

What ? ! Did I just read this right ?

Do you mean that turning off the transmitter, having set the failsafe Ch3 value to 940 for ex, will not trigger the Throttle loss failsafe on pixhawk (via SBUS) ?

Yes, trigger, but you cannot declare a "manual failsafe value" for all the 8 channel, i mean in the tx section, it work only in the pwm servo output of the rx.
For example with my Futaba i don't use the "throttle value" for failsafe, i declare values for all the sticks to center position and CH5  to the pwm value of "RTL" mode, with Taranis this "failsafe trick mode" it doesn't work via sbus (here).

I think there might be some confusion because of English translation issues here - I had to read this post a couple of times to understand it.

Just to be clear: failsafe (circle/rtl when rc connection is lost) on the Taranis + x8r + Pixhawk works just fine. It just seems that some "tricks" that Marco is referring to does not work. I personally have a few switches on my taranis set up to change modes and one switch a dedicated rtl switch. Also when rc connection is lost, Pixhawk goes into circle mode (for 20sec) and then rtl.

But there are many ways to set this up - and it seems Marco is referring to some method that does not work as expected.

Thanks Walter, clearing this up helped me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service