I plan to build a hexacopter with the Pixhawk flight controller. I was researching it up and found the Pixhawk 2.1 version which comes with a CUBE and EDISON option. Also online on eBay I found a Pixhawk 2.4.8 as well. However, the data available was not comprehensive and I have the following doubts.

1> What is the difference between Pixhawk 2.4.8 and 2.1?
2> Can the Pixhawk 2.1 be paired with a companion processor? I am looking at pairing it with the Raspberry Pi. 
3> Can the Pixhawk 2.1 Edison version be paired with the Raspberry Pi?

Views: 8779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The numbers are as they are, because of Pixhawk is based on PX4 controller, no company names "US Robotics" is involved :)

"no company names "US Robotics" is involved :)"

Pixhawk is designed by the PX4 open hardware project and manufactured by 3D Robotics.

I still fail to see why the numbers can't be incremental.  The "cube" is third generation, correct?  It follows Pixhawk 2 which in turn was preceeded by Pixhawk 1.

I will end the conversation because I don't think we can ever agree.  I think the numbering is convoluted and confusing.  You think its fine as is.  There we are.   Nice talking to you  Andre.

Is there any site that has explaining all the different PixHawk/PX versions? It is so confusing.

Did some wiki search as well, but not very helpful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAV-systems_hardware_chart

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service