Pixhawk vs Pixhawk 2?

Can someone tell me the differences between a Pixhawk and the Pixhawk 2 that 3DR is marketing as being supplied with the Solo?

I've tried searching, but only found vague references to Pixhawk 2.

Even the 3DR web site is very light with info about Pixhawk 2.

Perhaps the info is being kept quiet until the final release? If so, that's ok, just let us know.

Thanks!

Rich

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• pixhawk2.com   website is "forbidden" now.

Any news on that project ?

• Developer
      I'm starting to fill in the data on the page at the moment :)
      As far as timing...
      It was due to be released before Christmas, but then we had to change to a totally new company to support the project, which set us back 6 months. Sorry about that.
    • it's not forbidden it is a web page under construction....as always new Pix will come in the middle of the summer when is shooting time not testing time...

• Totally agree with Nico on the PXF mini.  The lack of an rc io co-processor was a deal breaker after using the Erle 1 and the Navio+.  The inability to vary the frequencies on the outputs greatly diminishes their utility. I also found the Navio documentation to be a little easier for a linux newbie like myself to digest.  I've been running mine on an X8 with over a dozen flights so far without issue.  Both the Navio and the Erle are big, but I found that their mass actually seem to help with minimizing vibrations when properly mounted.  Good to know about the strains on the zero.  I have one that I was considering using on a Navio2.  I bought it to use on the PXFmini, but changed my mind once I learned they were still using the PCA.  

• Developer
    We will announce on the Facebook page when we have news, thanks for your patience!
    • MR60

Come on, not Facebook as primary announcement channel! 

• Developer
        That's the times we live in!

I will also be announcing details on discuss.ardupilot.org as well, and www.pixhawk2.com when it goes live. (That will then be the central point of info.
        • MR60

Like many others I also refuse to join the lemmings. 

• May i have a link to the FB page?

This reply was deleted.

Activity