Has anyone been able to configure a Pixhawk to work with a lightbridge HD link?

I'm able to get the Lightbridge control signals to the pixhawk but I've yet to figure out how to set the FailSafe.  When I turn off the RC controller, the lightbridge air module continues to output the same S.Bus channel signal levels. 

From talking to others I've found out that Lightbridge outputs the fail-safe "flag" in the header or footer (I'm not sure which) of the S.Bus signal (not the normal PPM channels like the pixhawk is expecting).  Can anyone confirm this is true and if so, how can I map the DJI Lightbridge failsafe signal to the Pixhawk's failsafe.

Thanks!

Views: 13420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris,

How did you connect the lightbridge RX to the Pixhawk? Is there a special cable bought online or did you DIY a cable for it?

Also, if I'm using let's say a Futaba 12fg Tx, can I still use all of its channels even when connected to the lightbridge (e.g. retract landing gear, switch flight modes on APM and operate gombal?)

Thanks,

Elvin 

It's awesome, love it. 1080 60 fps, works right out of the box. Mavlink telemetry/osd support via serial for Pixhawk. Ridiculously low latency.

Same technology as Teradek (Aminon), yet  a fraction of the price and specifically targeted for UAV. One thing some have complained about (rarely) is that it's software  limited to 1km. Not a big deal imho since it can barely go past that, (LOS), anyways.  Also loss of connection if it happens is rather brutal ... Very little  warning and no "graceful" degradation, more like blue screen.

Watching on  a  large screen TV display video fed from a decent HD camera,  it feels like National Geographic ...

Olivier thanks for your comment, i do really like to hear that! 

I was an early adopter and not impressed by the Lightbridge 1, had to send it back twice before it started working barely with a Z15 Zenmuse.
Thought i was just unlucky but at that time even the software was really in beta stadium.

For the big money spent i want something better or it being hardware compatible.

One step closer to getting rid of DJI entirely.

have you had a look at the work from Patrick Duffy? http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/part-2-how-to-build-a-high-defi...

Well not a normal plane but since I`m rather confident in the failsafe / RTL mode (Usually I crash the plane 9/10 of the time) and I never had a RC signal loss on the lightbridge (so far) I`m fine with the Lightbridge.

Wouldn`t buy it again, thought...

Sounds great. Where did you get that information? I haven`t seen much details about the internal workings of the Lightbridge system. I was really tempted to tear one down for a while to see if there is anything which can be read out. But the price for the things is a bit high for that :(

FYI I just found some actual photos of the internals:

http://bbs.5imxbbs.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=946919

Seems like they really made sure to remove the silkscreen on every single component... And I`m pretty sure they enabled every protection mechanism they could think of. Not good :(

What is more remarkable is they bundle this technology into the Phantom 3 (pro) for very little extra upcharge while the standalone unit costs almost as much a P3 pro itself. I am not sure it is quite as good as a standalone unit, or exactly the same, but I have had it out to almost 3k.

thanks for this information. I didn't know this. Solo is using normal wifi, though, isn't it?

@ Guy: "There's simply nothing else on the market that can compete in terms of performance at that price point."

Connex  .... At $1600 it's a bit more expensive than LB2 at $1,400, and does not quite have the range, but low latency, less proprietary with generic UAV and 1080/60 HDMI out supported independent of FC, and includes Mavlink support.

Similar  tech as Lightbridge and 4G LTE, FHSS/DSSS/OFDM/MIMO I think but at 5.8Ghz, with MIMO 5x2.

Good points. Agree except  for 1/5th the range,  I don't think you can even get close to  5km with LB, at 1080 resolution. Maybe 1/2, if that. That said  I don't have first hand experience at those distances.

+1

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service