Has anyone been able to configure a Pixhawk to work with a lightbridge HD link?

I'm able to get the Lightbridge control signals to the pixhawk but I've yet to figure out how to set the FailSafe.  When I turn off the RC controller, the lightbridge air module continues to output the same S.Bus channel signal levels. 

From talking to others I've found out that Lightbridge outputs the fail-safe "flag" in the header or footer (I'm not sure which) of the S.Bus signal (not the normal PPM channels like the pixhawk is expecting).  Can anyone confirm this is true and if so, how can I map the DJI Lightbridge failsafe signal to the Pixhawk's failsafe.

Thanks!

Views: 13227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No special cable.  Just connect the "DBUS" cable output from the Light-bridge Air Module to the Pixhawk's SBUS input  ("RC In") cable.  The cable came with the lightbridge.   From the Mission Planner app I can see the 8 channels coming through.  

Agree

Totally agree +1

Hi Andreas,

May I ask why would you not buy it again? I was thinking of buying it, however I came across a lot of owners getting dissapointed with it. Thought of getting the LB1 because it's cheaper now.

I am using Pixhawk with AC-3.2 on my copter and planning on upgrading my video feed to HD.

Thanks,

Elvin

+1 

Maybe if you get it a lot cheaper. I just don`t think HD link was worth that much money. And then you only got one air unit which is a pain for planes where the air module is buried in the fuselage and it takes ages to switch them to another plane.

Quality wise it`s great. A huge step from analog fpv. Just don`t use USB for the ground to monitor link. USB technology is crap for hd video transmission and will add at least 200ms of latency. 

Where do you get it cheap? I would be intrested in a second air unit...

USB is not the problem, think of an SSD drive or fast SD on USB2.0 , you can still get a cluster of data well within 1ms , the bandwidth is also much higher than required. Then you have USB3.0...

The problem is poor , or p***-poor hardware that uses it.

USB 2.0 is 10Mbit/s isn`t it? Recommended bitrate for 720/1080p is about 15/25Mbit/s for good quality stuff. So it might be a problem. I found the quality on usb worse than on a direct hdmi screen but I`ve never tested it objectively.

Also, the smartphone/tablet on the other hand has to convert the data into a playable video format which uses a lot of processing power so you`re right depending on the hardware there might be more or less lag which I assume is what you mean with poor hardware.

It just shows that the hardware itself is cheap. You pay so much for the lightbridge 1 because it was the first affordable system. And now you pay as much for the lb2 because after you realize that your phantom is too small for a better cam / you are a "pro" there is still no option around the lb2 so you buy it even at 1400$. 

correting these misconceptions is off topic, so this is my last post:

USB 2.0 is 480Mbit, and that's not the limit but actually *wirelessly* transferring even a quarter of that over some distance is the real limit here.

Also , an typical (not high end) Android phone can play 1080p at pretty high bitrate like 3.8GB file for 120min movie just fine, because most devices have hardware accelerated decoding of most essential video codecs.   So the phone/tablet is not too slow to decode that at all, also, remember that many devices now capture and play 4K just fine.

the end :)

Thanks for the insights. It's not that cheap though, you can get for 800-1k USD. DJI store sells it for $999 maybe because of the lightbridge 2 release? How much did you get your LB1 if you don't mind?

How about OSD and manual gimbal control for non DJI hardware? 

Thanks,

I haven`t found a option to control non DJI gimbal via gimbal port. You can still use the SBUS channels. But you lose the option for the second transmitter...

No non DJI OSD either, as far as I can see.

I paid about 1300$ when it first came out here in Switzerland.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service