Hi guys, I know the information is proabably out there but I just can't find it. So thought I'd post.

I have setup a Pixhawk on a F450. I've been through all the setup / configuration (I think) and I get a flashing green light indicating ready to arm but I cannot arm with the Taranis transmitter (by putting throttle to bottom and right for 5s). The strange thing is I can arm through APM2 software and MavLink. Then I can throttle up and the motors will spins up.

Values show throttle is at 982, and roll at 2006 while doing this. Is there a way to setup values for the arming parameters from transmitter?

So it appears to have passed the pre-arm safety check and will arm from APM2 but not my Taranis. Any ideas or links to information I have missed?

Thanks. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I found the problem. I'm using a Mode 1 Taranis and I'd set up the channels as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LSZQk1Ya8 and when I checked the Radio config in Mission Planner it all looked ok. I figured out that I could arm by throttling back (right stick), and rudder (yaw) right (left stick). So I changed the aileron and rudder mapping around and I can arm with the right stick throttle down and right.

Now I'm confused about how the standard control should be setup. For Mode 1 would you normally have pitch (elevator) and roll (aileron) on left stick and throttle and yaw (rudder on right stick)?

Now my setup is different to whats on http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initial-setup/configuring-hardware....

Ch1 = Rudder

Ch2 = Elevator

Ch3 = Throttle

Ch4 = Aileron

Well the good news is I had my first flight today and everything went great. I'm pretty happy with it! Just need to make sure I'm flying it correctly with throttle / yaw combo on the right stick? I don't want to learn the 'wrong' way. And need to do some more reading about tuning to get it to stop drifting everywhere.

This reply was deleted.

Activity