Pixhawk wont spin motors after arming...

Just installed a pixhawk on my QAV540 quad, and for some reason it will not spin the motors after arming and in manual mode. I know the ESCs and motors work cause if I hook the ESC directly to chanel 5 of my receiver I can move the throttle up and down and control the motors. For whatever reason the Pixhawk doesnt spin the motors at all...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good day. I just completed a Octo. The ESC is good and motors run. bu when i connect to pixhawk, there is no sping on them motors

• Hello, Scott. Have exectly the same problem. Did you resolve it? What spesial did you do?

Thanks!

• Pixhawk, quad copter been working fine for months. ESC calibration is fine, motors spin in calibration. In Mission Planner (MP) Motor test works fine. BUT .... Arm with no errors and motors will not spin?

Things tried:

Latest revision from MP and firmware was reinstalled.

Reflashed firmware first as "plane" then Quad and recalibrated. Same result:

ESC calibration is fine, motors spin in calibration. In Mission Planner (MP) Motor test works fine.

Also tried  Reloaded parameters from previous success - no luck

ANY IDEAS, has to be a Pixhawk parameter because of the motor test working fine. I have 6 Pixhawk quads and, know the parameters pretty well but stuck - HELP!!!

• I had an issue also with motors not starting. I seemed when I would do a ESC calibration threw the PixHawk the motors would spin and everything was great. But as soon as I would arm the copter the motors wouldn't spin (And is was arming) and mission planner would think it was good to go.  Finally I hooked it up to a scope and found that the PWM signal looked strange and after a while I found if the RC_SPEED was set over 100Hz it would change the signal. So I dropped RC_SPEED to 50Hz and BAM the motors started.  I ended up doing some testing and found I could only run max at 85Hz. I was running BlHeli 14.0.0.2.

• Only error message I can find is in log analysis "PM = FAIL - 6 slow loop lines found, max 12.98% on line 5469"

Similar messages have been there through several erase rebuilds. IS THAT IMPORTANT?

• as much as I try, I cant get the motors to spin neither in ESC calibration nor ARM, it arms but motors wont spin, I tried the safety button thing but it wont work for me... any help please?

Thanks!

• Try this...unplug all the ESC's from the flight controller. then plug in one esc into channel number 3 and do the calibration steps again, meaning unplug the system, turn your throttle all the way up, plug the system back in and wait for the beeps, then bring your throttle lever all the way down and wait for the beeps. Repeat this step for all of your ESC is one at a time.
      • So here's a quick Update...

I was about to try your advice David but i notice that my servos were upside down, the black wire I had connected at the bottom of the pixhawk input; I flipped all of them and was able to do a ESC calibration successful with motors spinning.

I was able to arm motors but they wouldn't spin so I tried what somebody suggested, pressing the safety switch at start up worked for me.

Now my question is: Do i need to push the safety button every time? or is it a one time deal? i guess I'll find out.

Thanks!

Javier

• This reply was deleted.
          • Hey Nolan!

Thanks to your post I got it going :)

Javier

• Are you plugging the esc directly into the receiver? If so then check to see if your TX and rx are linked. What receiver do you have?
This reply was deleted.

Activity