This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 97468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The pixracer is oriented correctly.  Not sure about the GPS. 
But I have issues w/ the internal compass, and am wondering if others do.. 
Its offsets are quite high when using it stacked w/ the acsp4.  My internal compass has offsets around 400.  I had an auav-x2 in the same frame and its highest offset was 200.  Only change is replacing the auav-x2 and its power module with the pixracer and acsp4.  Everything else in the frame is the same. 

Also, anyone know what to set the "BAT_AMP_PERVOLT" to, for the ACSP4?  I was able to measure voltage and set that multiplier correctly, but I don't have an ammeter suitable for this. 

If I look on a "dot" located on the compass module, the dot is placed in left bottom corner - GPS oriented like on the picture I provided. Also, saw some post on Drotek forum. I hope it is correct. Anyway, need some confirmation that my MP compass page setup is correct before I will do a calibration.

Me, in a bigger quad, dissabled the int compass and finish the compass history like that, many flights and no more problems with compass now

It looks good to me.  Just do the calibration.  Worst that can happen if it's wrong, is north won't actually point north.  Then you can figure out which way it's wrong.

Need definitely some tests :). Just to clarify, what to change here:

to disable internal compass and use only external?

I have my internal enabled... It fly's fine.  The offsets are bad,  but it functions. 

So, I'd leave your screen exactly how it is, and see if you can get a good calibration. 
As long as everything is under 400 for your internal one, it should be OK. 
Actually, I think you should uncheck "automatically learn offsets".  I'm not sure though.. Personally, I've never used that.

If you can't get a good calibration on the internal compass, then simply uncheck "use this compass" under "compass #2".

I would be careful flying with really high offsets. The newer FW is better at dealing with such things I think but still it can lead to a FC wigging out. I had a fly away lost my quad because of this. This was way back with 3.1 so maybe it's better now... but be careful is all I'm saying. Do you have all arming checks on? No warnings? 

For now it seems we choose between Pixracer+WiFi using PX4 and QGroundControl, or Pixracer+traditional telemetry using ArduPilot and Mission Planner. I still haven't had time to dig into the MavESP8266 firmware, but I'm not aware of anyone successfully using the WiFi with ArduPilot and Mission Planner. For me I will go back to PX4 because in my limited time I've been more successful with that on Pixracer. If I work out a reliable ArduPilot setup I will offer it to others for reference.

I hope they get that ironed out because I ordered one and use ArduPilot with APM Planner and MavPilot also [ Mac ] Hopefully it will work with Tower as well. I think Bill mentioned it should work with MavPilot via wifi using UDP. 

The ESP8266 FW works with ArduPilot on Pixracer. No issues. Just plugged in and go.
It does

I have not found that to be the case, either with Mission Planner or QGroundControl. PX4 on QGroundControl on the other hand connects consistently any time the Pixracer WiFi network is connected.

Happy to hack deeper via console/terminal/TCP/UDP to sort out what is happening, because this has consistently been the case for me. I have switched back and forth between PX4 and ArduPilot a number of times.

Cheers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service