This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 96082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice, thank's.

1, really sorry, I did make my own cable!  I forgot, and was just working on my copter and noticed.

10, the 6 outputs are the aux pins, technically.  So, try it.. set it as aux6, and try pin6. 

Others I'm not sure.. I just got my pixracer back and am hooking it up now and will test a few things.

I got it to work.  Load APM 3.3.3 again and that loaded 3.3.4 PixRacer and now the Battery, Amps works as well as the Relay Pins.  CH5 is AUX 5 or 54 and CH6 is AUX 6 or 55.

RSSI still doesn't work.

I see that now an ACSP5 power module is available.  How do I order one of those since I really don't need the ACSP4.

Is it also possible to have a 3DR radio cable made since I really don't want to fly with a WiFi board.  I know the WiFi is much smaller than a Radio but for me a Bluetooth module would have made more sense.

Picture not clear.

For those who don´t visit RCG , higher resolution @ http://px4.io/docs/pixracer/

3DR radio cable is included (JST-GH 6 Pin > DF 13 6 Pin), or available @ AUAV.co for a bargain price.  I connected mine with it . (The case of the 3DR air module V2 is stripped, a 3DR IRIS leftover)

I see no mention of a Telemetry cable except the individual one.  The only other one is a GPS cable which I used to, wait for it, connect my 3DR GPS.

I also see where I can order the ACSP5 power module as well.

Sorry , didn´t realize, that you´re new. The so called GPS cable for 3DR GPS+MAG can be used for latest 3DR telemetry as well. Same pinout. Works right away.

So if you need two, just order a second one. If you want to operate with RTS/CTS as well (not really needed.), just pull the two wires of the DF13(4) and put em straight into the empty DF13(6) chambers. You can do this with a needle to lift the DF13 locks as Phil mentioned earlier. http://www.auav.co/category-s/106.htm Here´s the cable you need:

GPS Cable for 3DR GPS+MAG
Our Price: $1.00

Power Cable GH(6) to Gh(6) 25mm Power Cable GH(6) to DF13(6) + DF13(4) 150mm

I posted a few weeks ago about my ASCP4 current reading not working properly.. 
AUAV gave me an RMA and I have a new one now, and it still doesn't work....

When I'm only drawing about 500ma, I have to set the volts/amps to about 200 to get a proper reading. 
Someone said 36.3636 is what it should be. 

When it is set to 36.3636 low power consumption doesn't read at all, until I get to about 2 amps.  Then I get a reading and it is correct in the 3amp range. . But then as I throttle up and get a real world reading of 5 amps, MP is showing me over 7 amps. 

So the scale is wrong.. or the curve.. like linear vs expo or something.. I have no idea, but it's not working. 

Are others having this problem w/ APM

Do you sell the ACSP5 with the above pictured power wires attached already? Have you done extensive testing with that? Does it exhibit less EMI than say a standard 3dr power module? Does it come with the cable that goes to the P racer? Thx

Hello,

For me Spektrum Satelite DSM-X doesn't work with my two PixRacer just recieved yesterday.

I have tried with APM:Copter 3.3.4, PX4 software all gauge stay to 0 and two DSM-X satelite.

My DX7s is on and the orange LED on satelite is solid orange.

Please have you a solition?

I can provide other screens/photos/logs if needed.

All my equipment work with a standard PixHawk.

Thank you in advance.

Laurent

@Ruchat, I am working on a fix for this.

I have it working in an experimental branch, but it isn't ready for wider use yet

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service