This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 92643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you mean

If so yes, when I did only one prop spun, it was motor 1, the others I don't think moved or maybe they fluttered.

If this helps, here is a link to my ESCs

If you look in the diagram it says some specs that mean little to me, but maybe you can tell if my ESC are supposed to support type 2, if so I can trying again later ;)

I've now pushed an update that adds analog RSSI support. It defaults to the right settings, but if you want to set them manually it is:

It needs the latest master build, which was submitted to the build servers a few minutes ago. It probably won't appear as an available build for a few hours.

Thanks for all the work you're doing!!

Yes, in Copter-3.4 the PIDs are moved into the attitude controller class so they're prefixed with "ATC_".  Also the "STB_" params are renamed to "ATC_ANG_".  Here's some examples of the renaming:

Before                After

Scaling has also changed a bit but this is done automatically as you upgrade so you shouldn't have to worry about it:

• For "X" and "H" multicopters, the Rate P, I and D values (i.e. RATE_RLL_P) are lowered by 10% (i.e. multiply by 0.9).
  • For + frame multicopters, the Rate P, I and D values are increased by 27% (i.e. multiply by 1.27).
  • _IMAX values are divided by 4500.  I.e. if _IMAX was 4500, it's now 1.0.

I'm talking with the GCS people so I think the ground stations will be updated soon-ish.

I was having some other trouble earlier, which is all working now with the current 3.4dev.  (deleted the posts, because they were apparently problems only I was having)

So, now that it's all working I tried OneShot125 again.  The ESC's still don't respond, and won't calibrate.
Spider Pro 20 amp w/ BLHeli 14.3.  They say they support it, but I don't have another flight controller that's known to work w/ OneShot, to test.

Hopefully someone else can try.

btw, if using the WiFi, I'd be interested in hearing reports of interference with RC input

if need be we can have an option to disable that port when armed

Hi Tridge,

I think that if possible any interference should be avoided for security reasons. Disabling WiFi when armed would therefore be a great feature.

Hi all,

I saw that Tridge and others put a lot of efforts into Pixracer recently. So it seems to be a prefect time for testing now.

Some questions:

- Is there a recommended board? Nick somewhere mentioned that they are working on a special one but I cannot find any updates so far. 

- Can the common boards be used out of the box or do they require a special firmware?

Relay/Camera trigger/Gimbal control:

- I saw that the in AP_BoardConfig it now defaults to 6 PWM on FMUv4. What has to be done to enable camera trigger and/or gimbal control apart from changing the BOARD_PWM_COUNT_DEFAULT? 

- (just out of curiosity) is there any progress so far regarding 4kHz sampling to eliminate the need for vibration isolation based on the MPU9250?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Philip,Tridge:  Thx a lot. Very nice, my first copter with 3 MAG . (2 internal and one external)

Could you please explain:

1. Does v4 APM use all MAG if enabled ? (Averaging ?)

2. Redundancy ? Switchover during flight in case of a failure ?

@gervais, the EKF uses the mag indicated by the COMPASS_PRIMARY parameter initially, also honouring the COMPASS_USE, COMPASS_US2 and COMPASS_USE3 parameters.

If during flight it finds the primary compass is inconsistent with other sensors it tries the other enabled compasses to see if it can find one consistent with the other sensors. If it finds one it switches to that.

I have done a couple of flights now with the WiFi enabled and it works with no issues even while in flight.  I use Tower software and a Auto mission and it reported each waypoint and battery level as it went.  Have not tested distance but for me not an issue.

9XR Transmitter with an X8R receiver and 16 channels.

Just load the lasted version and the RSSI now works.

Since your on a roll here how about the LED indicator?

Also I did a test with the GoPro WiFi turned on and had no issue with the transmitter.  If I do that with my IRIS forget it.  So you need  good receiver for this to work.

Reply to Discussion

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service