This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 93789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

I had some additional problems connecting to Mission Planner (apart from outdated drivers).

But these are now all solved with the latest beta version of Mission Planner:

https://github.com/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner/issues/1231

So in case you are experiencing problems just download the latest beta version. It also shows the new ATC_ tuning parameters in the Extended Tuning screen.

Best regards,

Thorsten

@Tridge,

All fine with the new updates. No (visual) problems with MOT_PWM_TYPE=2.

However, my copter is much to sluggish for some aggressive flight tests (I almost crashed it) and there is too much wind at the moment for autotuning.

I have a 2min log with IMU_FAST as proposed by Randy enabled if someone is interested. Let us know if we should enable anything else to log for further tests.

Hi Artem,

I hope you like master. I am very interested to get your feedback on tri's. I am not sure why things have got worse from 3.1 to 3.3 because as far as I know, nothing has changed....... Unless the Yaw filter has been set by default for tri's.....

Make sure RATE_YAW_FILT_HZ is set to 20 Hz. I suspect that is the issue.

Short update:

There was another issue in Mission Planner causing problems to download the logs.

But this was solved in minutes by Michael as well!

So again make sure to update to the latest beta versions.

Oh, Andrew, I lowered 

ATC_ANG_PIT_P and ATC_ANG_RLL_P to 2

should I move it back to 4.5 and start adjusting down the others you mentioned

ATC_RAT_PIT_P and ATC_RAT_RLL_P to 0.05

I just assumed it was because my quad was so small I needed it lower.

Guess I did it wrong too :-(
I will go re-read the docs and do an autotune this weekend then,

Hi Edgar,

Yeh, you should drop all your ATC_RAT_XXXXXX by 3/4. That should be a good start.

Okay, its flying great, but anything to make it better ;)

I tried acro but noticed it does not flip and has way too much leveling, really I dont want any leveling.
Would simply turning the ACRO_TRAINER to 0 allow it to flip in both roll and pitch and maintain the angle?

yes, That will do it :)

Thanks for the hint, after using the correct PID-params, it was easy to tune it :-) 

The only thing I am missing is a osd, does the pixracer support a small osd and if so what one.

Hi Tridge,

you are right, I had forgotten to turn of the safety switch.

I tried both, with and without switch, both works perfectly now.

Setting mot_pwm_type=2 lets the motors sound different and throttle responds much better.

Wow, that was a great testflight. Really cool :-)

Thank you very for the great job. It seems that (at least for me) all issues are solved and the tiny little boards performs incredibly well!

Best Regards

Thomas 

Hi, yes, I've started to set Yaw_filter to 20Hz back in AC3.2 per your advice, otherwise it was barely flyable. 

It seems that there are two factors causing this "delayed" behavior...

First- there is a bit of latency about 1/8-1/4 second  as usual between manual input and motor output, I guess that's not going to go away (using sbus so latency in RClink is under 12ms)

Second, there is something Yaw specific going on: it takes a few ms to "ramp-up" and to stop reaction after the control input. it's been a few weeks since the last time I've plugged my pixhawk in a PC, so do not remember exactly my yaw D term value, but I know that it is just small enough to prevent oscillations (much smaller than roll/pitch D terms). 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service