This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 98251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I set mine to 13.69 voltage divider and 48.19 Amps per volt.  It seem to checkout ok after looking at the logs.

I wonder if the 3DR version works better or if its the Pixracer?

Anyone try the ACSP5 version?

Can you check the pinout of the canbus cable. Some cables may have been sent out with wrong pin ordering.

Next, start a nsh over MAVLink shell and run the command "uavcan status" and show us the result.

Thanks!

I have the same problem. Pixracer accelorometer cannot be calibrated in MP but even in QGC it is not possible. Need some idea how to fix it.

I use the ACSP5 in my micro, the ACSP4 was too big

The Micro/Pixracer is getting better but its very bouncy if I come out of a fast run and let go of the sticks.

I tried autotune but could not get it to start.

I tried using Ch7, in MP when I select autotune it does not highlight, so I tried using the one in flight modes and but it never started the autotune either.  If Autotune should work, so far have not been able to do it.

Edgar,

I have not tried autotune with 3.4dev so there might be some other problem but make sure you are in AltHold before triggering Autotune. Also I think (not 100% sure if required) that THR_MID must be set properly and you should be in the dead zone when switching to autotune..

Hi Edgar,

I normally just set CH_7 to autotune in the advanced parameter list. Then enter Alt Hold and make sure your sticks are in the centre and the altitude isn't changing.

If your autotune doesn't start then let me know and give me the dataflash log and I can tell you why.

I have used Auto tune and it works fine with the Pixracer.  It is picky that it is in Altitude hold and that the throttle is at middle or it will not start or continue.

What I have noticed though is if I switch into Stabilize mode that my compass offset change.  This does not happen with my Pixhawk unit.

So sometimes the offset become high enough that I can not arm because it says they are high even though I didn't change them directly.  Only compass 1 changes even though I have 3 now.

I have noticed this too. I have even changed #2 to external and recalibrated but the offset stays about the same. I was thanking it was possibly the rtfq mini m8n I am using. When I calibrate the compass using #1 as external it always shows around a -115 and #2 around 90. I have tryed different orintations but it always shows the same. When I set #1 for internal (i assume it is using the compass on the pixracer) it will show the same as external after calibrating. I have noticed at times it would not arm because of compass, the next timethis happens I will check the mode switch.

I'm having a problem w/ 3.4, that I don't have w/ 3.3.. 

I have no control in any guided (autopilot assisted) modes.  Stab works fine. 
In guided modes, while hovering, moving the yaw, roll, or pitch sticks doesn't do anything.

This has been an issue for at least a few weeks, but no one else seems to be having it..
I've figured out if I hold the copter in my hand in alt_hold (or any guided mode) and give it WAY  more throttle than it needs to hover, then it reacts to control inputs.    I have the hover throttle set to 300.. the bottom end of the slider. 

I thought maybe it was my config, so I started over from scratch and even with only a basic compass/accel/rc calibration and no tuning, it still does it. 

I'd appreciate any advice!

Here's my config and a log.. 
I can see that my desired roll, etc, doesn't show anything when I try to move the copter.. unless I'm giving too much throttle, then when I try to roll something actually shows up in the desired roll field. 

Attachments:
Hi, I updated my version Iris + to A 3.3.3.
I relizado few flights with the Canon S110 camera and is that now I have more flight records photos.
Before upgrading everything was fine, photos were generally more flight records, only removed the first photos and the matter was resolved.
I returned to Iris + update to version 3.3.2 and still have the same problem, although the flight records are less than 200, with version 3.3.3 were more than 200.
Because this problem occurs?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service