This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 97779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scott, I have had the same issues as you've had and have posted logs. Like  I see that others say they have not had any problems. I am not an IT or EE but I am no new comer to electronics because I have been involved in it since 1962. What I don't understand is are you and me and a couple others the only ones who can be having these problems. I am not a professional programmer but is their not a problem in EK2 or is it somewhere else.

I made just the opposite experience.

With Pixracer I started with QGC/PX4 and never spent so much time (days) to configure a System and no succes.

Back to MP/AC everything was done within 30 min.as usal with Pixhawk and China Clones.

Because AC has no solution for VTOL I stopped my Project with Caipirinha Tailsitter.

And the same here, other fly with a Tailsitter, strange...

I guess you're using the onboard compass calibration on the bottom right of the MP's compass calibration screen (as opposed to the MP based calibration on the bottom left of the same screen)?

If it's the onboard calibrator could you try increasing COMPASS_CAL_FIT parameter?  Maybe make it 20 or 30?  Actually maybe just keep increasing it until it works and then report here how high it needed to be.  This parameter controls how lenient the compass calibration needs to be to pass.

Although I've heard of parameters being changed without a user being aware of the change, my feeling is that it's a ground station issue.  I've personally never seen evidence showing a parameter value changed incorrectly as a result of a firmware upgrade.  I think if people are worried about this I think saving the parameters to a file as Artem suggests is a good idea.  We can then compare the parameters before and after the upgrade.

I don't however think it's a good idea to blindly upload all parameters from that saved file.  Uploading a couple hundred is totally fine but uploading all 450+ parameters is not a good idea.  The reason is that, a bit like an overbooked airplane, we don't actually have room in eeprom to store a unique value for every parameter so it risks filling the eeprom.  When the eeprom is full, it won't crash or anything, and sadly there's actually no warning (adding this is on the to-do list) but it simply won't be possible to update a parameter (or rather it will be updated but when you need restart the board it will revert to the old value.

I don't want to cause a panic, in reality most people update less than 10% of all parameters and there's actually never been a recorded case of someone filling up the eeprom.  I just want to pass on that uploading all parameters from a file is not a great idea.  It's better to do it more selectively (like upload the compass and accel calibration params and maybe the attitude control parameters. i.e. COMPASS_, INS_ and ATC_ parameters)

Hi Randy, interesting, do you happen to know if you use MP or APM Planner and load parameters from a file, does it unconditionally load all parameters from that file to the eeprom, or does it compare the defaults and only upload what it needs to, where they differ from the defaults?

I often save my parameters to a file.  Then I can use the "Compare" feature in Mission Planner to see what's different. If I want to change a couple I uncheck all of them and then check the ones I want to update.  Most of the time I'm checking PID values between copters or after an Auto Tune to see how it changed.

for me i can t even calibrate my acc...so yes it s full buggy so i come back with my pixhawck and waiting 

For uploading the params I always use "compare" button, this way I see what has changed anddo not miss the benefits of new defaults and only upload the relevant stuff. 

A lot of test today with pixracer...

My motors (emax 2205RS) doesn't react well. My little quad is unflyable.

Trying to adjust pitch/roll PID, no effect at all. Seems better by increasing INS_GYRO_FILTER (20 -> 120 )

Better but still unflyable.

I will try to remove oneshot125 and I will make a test.

Can't calibrate in oneshot12 too, made it with bheli software.

Fnoop,

It only updates the parameters that are different from the defaults and/or different from the current values in eeprom.  The danger is just that for the non-integer parameters the rounding of decimal points could make the number appear slightly different than they really are.  For integer parameters there's actually no risk.

Artem,

Yes, that's what I do too.  That's a good way to do it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service