This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 95397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a comment, Pixracer board was not designed for FPV racers , as said by the creators themselves. Of course it can be used for it.

About the refresh rate , it has been tested scientifically and shown this is pure hype not bringing any real advantages in flight. Believe it or not. ESC efficiency has been tested using different versions of firmware including Simon, blheli, one shot, and results show: no differences whatsoever.

Yes sorry, It's not 50 hz, it was an old doc find on the net.

(http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/code-overview-scheduling-your-new-cod... )

Yes It's seems to be 400 hz in the code

Maybe, synced gyro with pid loop are a way too make arducopter more responsive?

I was agree with your position, how can you explain the gate in fly response, (same 250 frame, oneshot125  etc...) with a little CC3D and betaflight on one hand and pixracer / arducopter on the other hand?

If we don't test IRL by flying, tuning and "smell it"...

How can we say it's not a way to make the things more efficient?

Do you have a paper on that? I'm interested.

Maybe ??

So what comes ?? Is it or it isn't ?? Better try to do some math, and be sure.

Also, look a few lines below to where I pointed.

@Hugues,

....Ardupilot has not been designed with FPV racing.....

Do you mean, in this case Ardupilot ist not usefull for the PixRacer?

To be sure that refresh rate is 400hz (gyro, pid, pwm output chained), some tests are needed.
I have take a look in the code but thinks are not that much readable. Multi loops with multi call... A little study has to be done before tests.

i'm convinced that arducopter needs optimisations on this side of code.

Great!!

We'll be happy to see those Pull requests https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/compare?expand=1

Yes, I would like to see this test paper, It is very funny why you can see and feel the difference when it is in the air. Their is some very good information posted by QuadMcfly where he did test on most all esc's and motors too and posted unbiased indept report.

Here on diydrones, this post is very interesting:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/worlds-best-esc-making-it-better

Huge, don't bother since than a lot has changed, the best ESCs right now are the ones which are able to run BLHeli_S (Small_Throttle_Steps) with both sides having fast n-gates, they have the motor PWM synchronized with MCU master clock, so motor PWM timing is hardware controlled. this results in highly efficient operation not to mention perfect motor timing and very smooth throttle curve. Really, I can't hear the motors running, only the mechanical friction and absolutely no sound from the winding/magnets.  Also, regarding the original Forest's post, for the most optimal ESC-motor config one must do proper configuration with blheli/simonk (many times need to compile code yourself), of course  good hardware is essential, but even HK multistar motor's performance can be noticeably improved by properly tuning ESC. 

p.s. I suggest you take a look at 30A RACERBEE PRO ESC by FVT, fets are 100A rated, both sides are fast N channels (not a compromise fast high and slow low as most are), SilabsF396MCU, 30A continuous with ZERO airflow, 2-6s. 

so far its the best preforming ESC I came across, though if installing in something larger than 300 frame size I suggest putting a CAP on its input, though manufacturer says it's not necessary, but I did it anyways. 

You might be better off checking the real time facts and proof posted here. This info comes from people who stretch esc's, motors and props to their absolute limits FPV racing.

www.miniquadtestbench.com Their was never any real proof posted on worlds best esc, alot of talk. Also check out   http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2492809&page=109

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service