This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 97243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, if you take time to read the results page of the MQTB its in line with what I've posted based on my experience.  

the mentioned ESC is rather cheap $13, so should be relatively painless to check it out. just let me tell you, before I put them on a 7kg hexa, Ive ran them for 20min @ 50% throttle inside CF tube, after that for 3min of 100% throttle. this is at 6s spinning 1555 DJI prop on 4114 400kv motor.  also, standard sync loss tests. the added resolution (number of steps between rpm) adds to stability, paired with enabled oneshot125.  

Hi Cala,

The same with my Frame F550, Mots 2212/920 (original DJI) 1.8 kg

Hoover with 45%

Has nothing to do with oneshot or hight kv motors.

I will post it on the recommended link.

Otto

Hm, its DEFINITELY not hype, I've enabled onshot125 and all I can say is WOW! Throttle control in Stab is night and day.... it was the first time in 3years I fly AC That I am able to hover at the same altitude for more than 15-20sec on the same throttle level in Stab.  And its the first time I can move horizontally at the same altitude in stab without constantly adjusting throttle level, maybe occasionally vs progressivelly with onshit125 disabled. 

I too at first thought it was esc sales hype and kept on flying with old junk until I got to feel the difference with a friend's FPV. Now I am a believer . The demands that have been put on esc's and motors by these guys has pushed the technology up a few steps. the old 33x processor will no longer handle the demands  needed for the little bullets,  you need a 39x based processor to get the performance . I am a believer too, it works . We can think the FPV Racers for this contribution to the hobby.

Is onshit125 a step up from oneshot125?  (see prev. post, last line).

In all seriousness though you are suggesting that even for bigger machines (non racers) we should be going this direction. Do you think Spyder 40A Optos are worth acquiring as I need to 40A ESCs for a Y6 that will be carrying a Nex class camera. I have Afros flashed to BL Heli but you think I will notice the difference by getting Oneshot125 capable ESCs?

Strange question. Pixracer runs ardupilot fine as this thread shows it.

Hi again. Somehow 3 4rc1 does not work for me. 3.3.x stable does, but im missing the wifi option a bit.
I can only connect to it only right aftter boot. Boot log tells no px4io board found. Do u maybe have a wrong firmware downloaded by mission planner?

Not for me and many other.

e.g. In AltHld the altitude varies +/- some Meters

Within 3 mins the Hexa sinks continuesly in AldHld

After landing the Altitude shows 5m, after arming 0m.

Autotuning does not work (No reaction)

Increasing PID higher than default with MP Beta only.

In Loiter uncontrolled yaw up to one complete turn.9 Sats, hdop 0.9

My setup: Hexa DJI F550 origine 1.8 kg, Pixracer R14, AC 3.4-rc1, MP 1.3.38.1

Same frame with Pixhawk, AC 3.3 perfect hoovering and behavier.

That message has nothing to do with the WiFi board and your right the Firmware does not fully support the Pixracer.  That's why 3.4 is needed.

I have my RSSI working but it have big variations, I have a Hitec Aurora with a Rx HKing with ppm output, I'm not shure if I need something like this resistors and capacitors http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-rssi-received-signal-streng... to install in my setup, or other solution? 

Yes, an R/C filter would probably help. I haven't build one yet.

I'm not shure if it's working yet with Pixracer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service