This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 95705

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We supply customized 0.2mm BLDC motor stators and rotors for drones, UAV, and Quadcopter, we have ready-made punched mold available to meet your small qty. orders. if you are DIy drones designer, our stators would be helpful for you.
details, see www.jystatorrotor.com
pls send us email to paul@jystatorrotor.com

I wasn’t sure if I should be posting it here or over in the discuss.ardupilot.org site.  I’m having trouble with radio timeouts between a D4R-II and Pixracer. This has been an ongoing intermittent issue.

I have tested with and without the Wifi module, replaced the radio cables, and swapped out the receiver. I’ve dug as deep as I can into the code and see where it does the test for frames within 500 ms. When I look at the RCIN log entries, I see 5 previous identical entries, one every 100 ms, which tells me that it likely did not receive a new frame from the radio within that time frame.

I need some direction on how to further debug this problem.

Here is a log from today with the Wifi module removed and flying only about 10m away.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nMviZoXYHweVZBN0kyZ25JcDA

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canwe put 2 gps on pix racer?

@Rod: when i open the logs provided, it says there is no FMT messages. What kind of radio are you using?

@Dr Who: Yes, should be possible, I have never done so, but: you will probably need an I2C splitter, and maybe have to use one of the extra serials for that. Im not sure.



Rod Davis said:

I wasn’t sure if I should be posting it here or over in the discuss.ardupilot.org site.  I’m having trouble with radio timeouts between a D4R-II and Pixracer. This has been an ongoing intermittent issue.

I have tested with and without the Wifi module, replaced the radio cables, and swapped out the receiver. I’ve dug as deep as I can into the code and see where it does the test for frames within 500 ms. When I look at the RCIN log entries, I see 5 previous identical entries, one every 100 ms, which tells me that it likely did not receive a new frame from the radio within that time frame.

I need some direction on how to further debug this problem.

Here is a log from today with the Wifi module removed and flying only about 10m away.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nMviZoXYHweVZBN0kyZ25JcDA

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just an other Issue: Your Vib X ist 5 times to high.

That's odd. I just looked at the log and the FMT messages are there. The log file was generated on 3.4-rc2. I'm just using one of the modified TH9Xs 3DR shipped with the Iris+.

M bad. Log is opens. : )

Rod Davis said:

That's odd. I just looked at the log and the FMT messages are there. The log file was generated on 3.4-rc2. I'm just using one of the modified TH9Xs 3DR shipped with the Iris+.

@Otto, yes, I don't like the Vib X values. It's not clipping but they are too high. I did a semi-hard mount with bobbins to see what it would do, but I'm going to have to rethink the dampening.

Also, I know the tuning is off. Where's some oscillation in the pitch axis but it's flyable. Vibs probably aren't helping. I need to fix the radio issue though before I do much more with it.

Hallo
Can someone explain how i can get Telemetrie Data from my pixracer to my taranis x9d. Modul x8r
Firmware ardupilot 3.3.4,
Groundstation.. Missionplanner
Thank you

I'm using the old D.Port telemetry (D4R-II) but S.Port should work the same way. You need the FrSky S.Port cable from AUAV. It plugs into the top connector on the right side next to the Wifi connector. You then set SERIAL4_PROTOCOL = 4. I have SERIAL4_BAUD = 9. Not sure if it's the same for S.Port.

Thanks for this, reminded me to balance my props/motors. Waay better now. Still a bit noisy at vcc, but helped a lot. So first of all, (re)balance. : )

Rod Davis said:

@Otto, yes, I don't like the Vib X values. It's not clipping but they are too high. I did a semi-hard mount with bobbins to see what it would do, but I'm going to have to rethink the dampening.

Also, I know the tuning is off. Where's some oscillation in the pitch axis but it's flyable. Vibs probably aren't helping. I need to fix the radio issue though before I do much more with it.

@Rod Davis,

- Can you check the S-Bus Signal with a Scope? The Signal high should have around 3V.

- Perhaps an interfearing with the AUAV WLan Modul and TX. eg. it was recommended to switch of the wireless connection of   the Gopro.

Or both together.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service