This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 95824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Otto Kung,

I don't have a scope to check the signal voltage. Been thinking about getting a little portable one and I may have to do that. I was wondering if it could be a power issue, but the setup is pretty simple and the Pixracer is always logging vcc above 5.0v.

I removed the Wlan module and have no other 2.4Ghz signal on the craft (no Gopro). It doesn't seem to be interference between the Tx & Rx, since I am not getting a low ch3 indication of RC loss but rather a timeout on the frame updates. I tried to dig deeper into the code, but I lose the trail when it goes into the HAL.

Ok, I think I may have found the problem. I looked at the signal coming from the D4R-II to the Pixracer when power by the USB port vs battery power through the ACSP4. The USB wave was pretty clean but when powered through the ACSP4, not so much. This was without the motors running. I ordered a ACSP5 the other day suspecting that it might be power.

Hallo

Can someone explain to me how the settings of the Taranis x9d (not plus) must be to receive telemetry data from the Pixracer via the receiver x8d with smartport

Firmware from Taranis is v1.1.02 from 2013-10-18

The best would be a photo

Tanks

From Austria

Hallo

Can someone explain to me how the settings of the Taranis x9d (not plus) must be to receive telemetry data from the Pixracer via the receiver x8d with smartport

Tanks

From Austria

Please update your Taranis firmware to the latest version (2.1.8) After that is easy and many YouTube videos explaining.

FRANZ said:

Hallo

Tanks

From Austria

Hi,

Just finished soldering my new ACSP5 :) Its small size is impressive. I still need to fine tune the calibration values, these are the current:

Voltage divider (BATT_VOLT_MULT): 13,68352

Amps per volt (BATT_AMP_PERVOLT): 31 - for this im in a bit of trouble getting a stable current to measure.

Do you maybe have better values for the same setup (4S)? Is this a right question, or there will be a higher variance, than i could measure at home with a simple battery current meter + my speed of entering values on MP...

About the vibration issues i have/had: even after balancing both motors and props, i got high vibration. It turned out the lock nuts are causing it, and as they change position, i loose balance. These are simple cw/ccw metal nuts. i had another, cone shape from the previous build, those aren't vibrating.

With ACSP5, I still have VCC under 5V, around 4.95-4.98, some peeks 4.88, but has mutch less noise in it (old was 4.86-4.95, many peeks at 4.8). This was measured by PixRacer, I have no reliable measuring device.

So I also got stuck with a clone board. Been trying to order one from AUAV but they're out, thought i'd check out the clone and see how it worked.

So i found out that with 3.3.4 it works, but loading 3.4-rc4 from "beta firmwares" on MP it boots but fails with the "Check BRD_TYPE: no ms5611 found" error.

After some testing, found out that the latest 3.4-dev build works. Using ArduCopter-v4.px4 from the todays build 2016-09-13-19:09/PX4-quad. Just download the PX4 file and upload with "custom firmware" option on the firmware screen. The downside is of course your running dev code, but in reality I should've just waited on the authentic Pixracer.

I've purchased two AUAV-X2Q boards from AUAV, and the build quality is awesome. Solid hardware. The clones cut corners and honestly, saving a few bucks isn't worth risking your frame with bad regulators and undercutting the developers of this hardware.

3.4-rc5 will bring this improvement for the clones. To know when it happens you should be at http://discuss.ardupilot.org

can anyone help shed some light on an issue i am having, maybe i am doing something wrong but i cant seem to get Pixracer to read PPM from EZUHF receiver, tried 2 receivers and neither work (one is borrowed from a know working PPM build)

connected up an X4R-SB receiver and Pixracer reads input fine

is there something i have to do to enable CPPM on the pixracer?

thanks

Hey. Try to reboot the copter wit the transmitter turned on. There is/was rc input scan running at startup. I dont know if that is stored for next bootups.
What version of apm do you use?

I want to use Arduplane so loaded 3.7 but did also try copter 3.4 beta

I have only a little experience with pixracer and using spektrum receiver.

I had some issues connecting a spektrum receiver, but yours should just work (tested one a few weeks ago). PPM receivers are simple and common. So i can only think of a wiring or hw issue. Please double check the wiring ( https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer ), or make sure the receiver gets power (probably 5V). Pixracer's 6*3-pin servo connectors does not provide vcc.

On my clone board i cannot get my spektrum satellite work, although it works well on the original. I haven't spend too much time on it yet, so that may be my fault.

Neil said:

I want to use Arduplane so loaded 3.7 but did also try copter 3.4 beta

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service