This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 91025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you're using 4 motors, you have two spare analog pins to use for something...  Switches, pan/tilt, etc.

@Phillip What about fixed wing? If main processor fails, is co-processor able to take over the control to avoid crash?

That I agree with, in theory. The full version of the FMUv4 will have a coProcessor and will be larger. When we studied this issue, we could not find a single example of where the coProcessor would have prevented a crash while using a stable version of firmware. Not saying they don't exist, but I welcome feedback from anyone where it has.

Right, but there is no way to make them relay pins, so you can turn lights on or off or tell the firmware they are relay pins and have them go high or low on command.

Thank for the reply.

So you are now responsible for Pixhawk 2 release which we are waiting for a long time? Who is "Phillip Rowse" then? He told once he is responsible for Pixhawk 2 release.

Also Chris has told that 3DR is planning to release a small version of Pixhawk! So I assume we are going to see Small Pixhawk and Pixhawk 2 ?

In addition I must say that size of Pxracer is very good for a variety of applications!

Johnatan, Philip R was the lead designer of the PixHawk2 (FMUv3). Myself and Nick have no affiliation with him. It is open source and many people are contributing to different projects. I cannot speak for anyone else.

Phillip I really appreciate your responses and support! I want to get Pixracer but I see in website it is written that R14 will be released. does it mean that R12 or below versions have flaws or are not going to be supported completely in future? When will final design units be ready for sell?

Nick and I never stop improving. The R14 and R12 work interchangeably in the firmware. Nothing is flawed in R12, R14 is just slightly improved. Make sense?

Thanks Phillip!

Pretty interested in this , i started flying cleanflight as i got sick of being limited to a 8bit board for the miniquads but now things have changed alot and i feel i can try apm once again for acro flying :) will be watching this closely. also does anyone have the weight of the FC and pdb/IV ? 

@gervais, I tested with Spektrum PPM and it was fine.

Is it possible to drive a quad and use the 2 leftover outputs as aux?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service