Plane: I programmed 1 loiter turn and got 4.

To set up my approach I programmed one loiter turn at WP27, but when the plane arrived it did 4 turns before continuing on to a nearly perfect autolanding.

Also, look at WP27 and notice that the number 25 showed up in a blank column after reading back the flight plan from the APM. What does this mean? Is it related to the unexpected loiter behavior?

3691065128?profile=original

3691064983?profile=original

2013-09-30 11-37-24 regained telem, good autoland.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm afraid I don't have much to add explaining why your plane did 4 turns. I have used the loiter_turns before and it has always worked (ArduPlane 2.74b). I tried to extract the waypoints from your tlog, but MP said that they weren't there. Could you extract/save the waypoints and upload?

The 25 on the loiter_turns line is the loiter radius in meters as defined with WP_LOITER_RAD. The loiter radius is shown above as 82ft. When in doubt, I like to read WPs, save to file, and then compare to the actual Mavlink command here: https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/mavlink/ (MAV_CMD_NAV_LOITER_TURNS).

Could it be that the plane was still way above the 175ft required by the WAYPOINT_TURNS and thus kept descending in a circle until 175ft?

This reply was deleted.

Activity