I replaced the Tarot 320KV motors on my hexa with a set of T-Motor 400KV motors. Now, when I power up and arm the hexa, the motors all just make a clicking sound. The sound intensifies when I raise the throttle. This happens on all motors. I have even tried switching the ESCs between motors to isolate the problem with zero luck. All ESCs are Hobby Mate (soon to be replaced) 40-amp and they are calibrated to my radio. I have ferrites on all of the ESC leads going into the 3DR power distribution board. I have also tried switching the wires going into the motors from the ESCs with no luck. Is this an ESC timing issue? These ESCs aren't programmable using a card, but the T-Motor ESCs that I have coming will be programmable and I did order the programming card.

My battery is a 5S 5000 mAh Turnigy Nano Tech. I am using APM 2.6 with the most current firmware release. My radio is a Turnigy T9X with DragonLink v1. PLEASE HELP!!!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmmmm...interesting find.

I loosened the screws on the bottom of the #5 motor and lo and behold, it WORKED! It seems that the screws that T-Motor supplied with these motors are too long. They are touching the stator and causing a short. Now I know what the problem is...I think. Anyone else out there run into this problem?

This reply was deleted.

Activity