Please suggest an airframe !!!

Hi,My rc plane components including (modem, tx, rx, camera, batteries, sensors etc) weights about 1kg. I have selected predator 74in rc plane from hobbyking.com, for my new rc plane project.I m not sure, is this airframe good for such weight?? Kindly tell me is it right airframe for me or not??RegardsZeeshan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am about to finish a Reaper build -- what a toad. Do Not Buy.

I am not the model owner but got interested in the project after the owner gave up on it due to quality issues.

Any of the 'real drone' models are just for semi scale look, not UAV use or experimentation. There are several YouTube videos where the wing fails in flight. NightFlyer Dave did get one in the air and landed safely.

As Michael Pursifull says, it is a very bad choice.

-=Doug

No. It's a very bad choice. It's a challenging build, and it's very difficult to fly (by hand and by non-experts with Autopilot) it would carry the weight, yes, but for anyone asking any questions about this airframe: stay away.

If you really understand the implications of this very high aspect wing design, and high wing loading, know what those terms mean, and how to fly something that tip stalls badly at every turn, then you can safely ignore my perspective.
This reply was deleted.

Activity