Hi,

We are an Australian company developing a plug n play brushless gimbal.
From reading the various forums we have noticed people seem to have
a variety of problems with the gimbals they purchase and then setting them up.

It would make a big difference to the product we can deliver if you would take a 
couple of minutes to fill in this survey for us.

Rest assured you wont be spammed and your details wont be passed on

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SJ5R62P

thanks in advance

Heath
Modify message

Views: 1023

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How close to producing something are you?

I would much rather buy here than overseas.

What materials? Alloy ? Carbon fibre? Fibreglass?

Do you plan on developing your own controller or using something like the Martinez?

as far as i know there is only one truly "plug and play" brushless gimbal and thats zenmuse (well, i have not tried mövi so i can't really comment on that). and while people do have sometimes problems with their zenmuses from time to time i'd say it's rather exception than rule :)

now after using zenmuse for more than half a year (and before that - cinestar 360 and couple cheaper gimbals, too), playing around with alexmos controller and some cheap variation from goodluckbuy (i think it was this german opensource) let me tell you this:

it is not possible to develop "plug and play brushless gimbal" that work equally well with any camera. someone who's claiming otherwise is either not understanding what they are talking about or just lying :)

(p.s. yes i realize you didn't tell you are releasing universal brushless gimbal, but it sounded like that. and yes i filled survey too)

What size gimbal are you producing? Theres already toomany gopro sized gimbals out there and the marketis saturated. I hope your making it larger, for mirrorless slr cameras.

I think the gimbal can be generic and Plug n Play. It's the actual camera mount attached to the gimbal that needs to be flexible to meet different needs. I'd be thrilled to have a sturdy brushless that used a standard tripod mount screw, adjustable so that the lens could be centered in the rotational axis' of the gimbal. Something like that could come pretty close to handling most cameras.

balancing camera on the gimbal is not what you could call "plug-n-play".. yes it can be made to be much easier process than you do it on zenmuse today, but nevertheless..

apart from that, you will need to adjust settings of a gimbal electronics also - unless you will create some smart self-adjusting algorythm - as you just can't use same amount of thrust with 5d and gh2..

and i'd be first guy to buy something that is performing at least close to what zenmuse does, even if it needed some adjustments and so on, but just let me be somewhat sceptical on that "plug-n-play" point :)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your questions.

The current version is made with carbon fibre and it will have a Martinez controller

They have them made.

The purpose of the survey is to find out more about what you guys want from a gimbal so we can dot out i's and cross our t's.

Please let me  know if you have any more questions we can help you with.

Heath

Hi Jaan,

Thanks for your messages.

You are correct we are not producing a universal or one size fits all gimbal. My apologies if my  initial message was confusing.

We are aware of the technical issues around the gimbal and have asked people to fill in the survey so we can get a better understanding of what people want. Hopefully this way we avoid producing something that is only  half or what is wanted or needed.

We do have a gimbal ready for sale but there are some minor issues that will need to be corrected first.

Thanks again for your feedback

Heath

Thanks for your feedback Bob.

We will certainly take your comments on board.

cheers

Heath

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback.

You raised a good point and that is why we have the survey up to see what types of cameras people are using. If you havent filled it in, it would be great if you could. Tell your friends too! The more information we have, the better product we can deliver.

thanks again

Heath

well that's confusing

two comments above:
"We do have a gimbal ready for sale but there are some minor issues that will need to be corrected first." 

and here:
"You raised a good point and that is why we have the survey up to see what types of cameras people are using.. The more information we have, the better product we can deliver"

if you have it ready for sale you must know what size it is..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service