Hello!
I would like to build scaled down version of the Experimental Pond Racer.
I believe it is a Swedish designed aircraft built and designed to win air races!
At first glance it resembles a P-38 but much smaller.

The Pond Racer is a twin engine aircraft, and im not sure how to wire that with the APM?
I would like to utilize automatic flaps, ailerons, elevator, rudders, and variable power to each motor to help turn the aircraft.

Im on my phone so I can't upload a pic, but try to google it?
Please let me know what y'all think about the set up, and aircraft?

Wingspan: 40"
Length from center fuselage 25-30"

Views: 827

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some pics
Attachments:

The Pond Racer was designed by Burt Rutan. It was let down by it's engines; they didn't make the power anticipated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaled_Composites_Pond_Racer

Yeah, they crashed the original one, idk due to engine power, since this will be a foamy and highly modded, im sure it will have great power!

This is/was a beautiful design, but there are several other Rutan platforms I have often considered more appropriate for a UAV.

Twin engines that far ahead of the main pod would not seem ideal for anything involving cameras, etc., or am I wrong?

But then again I may be making the mistake of assuming your project involves AP.

I is not ideal for aeiral photagraphy, but it could be a cool FPV view.

I really enjoy the off-beat out of the box designs, making it a UAV is more so a safty feature with FBW, or Stab.

Dose anyone know how to program or wire twin engines with APM?

Heres a pic of my version-features a "W" style wing as seen on a Corsair

Attachments:

I is not ideal for aeiral photagraphy, but it could be a cool FPV view.

I really enjoy the off-beat out of the box designs, making it a UAV is more so a safty feature with FBW, or Stab.

Dose anyone know how to program or wire twin engines with APM?

Heres a pic of my version-features a "W" style wing as seen on a Corsair

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service