Has anyone had any issues completing an equivalent exchange?  A support rep named "Casey Zamora" at 3DRobotics had promised me an equivalent exchange for my rattling transmitter then just tries to file an RMA instead without addressing the equivalent exchange promise?  I even have his statements in e-mail and I quote them in reply.  However the quotes and links I give them are simply not addressed in response.  Has anyone else had similar issues?  How did you handle it?  Is 3DRobotics support simply becoming another DJI?  Should I just fix it myself and ignore the (seemingly worthless) warranty?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3drobotics customer service is getting worse every time I order. This time they had motors on sale for 6$ and I thought wow what a deal. A few hers after I placed the order they lowered them to 3$. No kidding a few hours after I placed the order. I email CS and asked to get a refund for the difference. They told me no and that I would need to cancel the order and reorder the motors and hope that they didn't sell out before I did this. That's ridiculous. There has to be a way to process this transaction but it seems to me that the person wood rather go the easy route and make the customer do the leg work and possibly loss out on the item on sale. Terrible customer service. I think I am done ordering anything from 3D Robotics.

• My experience was pretty positive, replacement of a motor.  I ordered a new motor, installed and flew for a week and replacement has not arrived.  But honestly I ordered new one because I really knew it would take a long time to get the replacement.  Low expectation = Better result

Did have timely responce from support with email, not great but pretty good given the current flurry of activity.

• Support was okay a year ago. Okay meaning they as least found resolution and replaced components in a not-so-timely fashion.

However, recently Customer Support has been horrible. I understand the Support Reps must be overworked, but that is no way to run a business. The trend has been to send a single email everyday, in an attempt to make the Customer feel like the issue is being addressed. However, each email just asks for more detail. Details that are irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, I've spent the last 15 years as a Systems Engineer for the prime contractor of the F16 and F35, so I love detail. But, I also know when I am being strung along. 

I decided to use 3dr components, even though they are more expensive, for two reasons. 1) Quality and 2) Service. Both have been unacceptable, especially service, to sustain a business. 

I love this DIY Drone community, but I'm very disappointed. In the past two years I have purchased 14 Pixhawks/Power Modules/GPS/Compass/Remote LED/USB and several bits and pieces, directly from 3DR, however, I now have to consider alternative products and manufactures. 

• I gave up going round in circles and asked to speak with a supervisor on 8/19/15...I am still waiting.

• still nothing...should I give up?

• I got an email toady from Technical UNsupport...it's only been 38 days!!

Here we go again. If you read the 18 emails, you would know "my side of the story". Are we 10!?!!

"Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

My name is Enrique, manager at Tech support. First off I wanted to let you know that I've already gone through all the emails so I'm up to speed with what's been going on, having said that I'd still like to hear your side of the story before we go any further. Can you please tell me what happened?

In the mean time if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll be happy to assist you.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,
          Enrique Amaya - Manager
          [3DR Technical Support Engineer]"

They are not interested in solving problems. I am not looking for a handout. I want to make sure the aircraft is safe to fly. The 3DR team takes the approach just keep flying until you crash. 

Perhaps my aerospace has set an unrealistic standard for quality and support....time for a new source.

• I'm sure 3DR has there hands full supporting all the people who impulse bought the Solo at Best Buy and immediately crashed it because they know nothing about how it works. lol...  

• 3D Robotics

Hi Daniel,

I took a look at your case and I'm sorry about the experience you've had.  Regarding the rattling in your transmitter, I believe we mentioned that we don't have a specific remote problem determination procedure for it.  A rattling inside the transmitter is not a common occurrence so we could potentially spend more time opening up the transmitter and trying to find the offending part.  

Our policy is to make it as simple as possible for our customers.  Most customers aren't interested in opening up a device and search for the loose part.  The simplest way to resolve the issue is to replace your transmitter with a new one.  

• I have to add that it has been quite frustrating trying to deal with 3DR as of late. I have been supporting them for 3yrs now and over that time have purchased an APM2.5, Pixhawk, and an X8, in addition to $100s in radios, misc supplies, etc.

Support has been sporadic at best, but when I have managed to 'get through' they have been quite helpful and usually resolved the issues.

My biggest issue now seems to be lack of product availability and processing time for orders. As someone who is trying to build up a service within our company using their technologies, when I need parts, I need them now. I cannot afford to wait 10 days just for a simple 3 item order to get processed (an order I am currently waiting on that still has not shipped). It seems to me that they have put so much effort and resources into Solo, that everything else has taken a back seat.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that decisions are driven by the almighty dollar and they see the large 'consumer market' that they want a piece of, but they seem to be doing that at the cost of the market that helped them get to where they are.

A 2-3 day response time for support issues is really unacceptable in this day and age, as is the minimum 5 day order processing notice currently on the website. Maybe once all of the Solo's are in all the Best Buy stores they can start re-allocating resources to keep up the other parts of the business...

Frustrated 3DR supporter...
    Warren M

• So I finally managed to get an RMA done with these jokers and this is the part they send me as a replacement.  Notice the missing spring.  Does this seem like a professional business? And this is when they finally get around to trying to CORRECT a mistake! (Not to mention it took more than a month and over 30 emails to get them to approve the RMA)

Quality QC.jpg

This reply was deleted.

Activity