possible job offer

Can anyone tell me the best way to drone deliver packs of cigarettes or cigars from a 200-250 foot drop? Possible reward for best response.------------

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM

On Easter my drone dropped chocolate eggs for the children.  They had a blast!!!

Ofcourse the children were kept at a safe distance while de drone was operating and were only allowed to go search the eggs once the drone had landed.

• I actually teach it in my drone school in France.

There are several ways : 

- My drone is equipped for dropping stuff  from any height based on reaching a waypoint / GPS position.

- You can also do it with an ARdrone, as it can read a flashcode painted on the ground or on the house roof and act accordingly. 

You may also kill someone on the ground by receiving the cigar box on the head :-) Cigarettes can kill :-)

• I know how, my drone is equipped for dropping stuff  from any height based on reaching a waypoint / GPS position.

You can also do it with an ARdrone, as it can read a flashcode painted on the ground or on the house roof and act accordingly. 

You can also kill someone on the ground by receiving the cigar box on the head :-) Cigarettes can kill :-)

• As a humorous novelty only....I would like to parachute cigarettes and cigars. I think this would be funny. Wouldnt multicopter be easier for city areas? Parachutes would prevent harm or injury. Suggestions? I would like to do a test in a way that prevents any chance of hurting anyone don't want to break any laws etc.
  • Hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Gary
    This is all about being a humorous novelty delivery. Also think solution to nagging from significant others. I mean a parachute with a cigar delivery would be funny! Respects.
  • Gary,
    Thank you for your detailed response! You don't think this would be a humorous delivery? A cigar b y parachute? Take care
    • Hi Mike, It was actually intended to be a humorous reply, unfortunately in Canada and at least some other places they are doing delivery of contraband to prisons mostly cigarettes and they are not amused.

• You've finally hit on something it is actually illegal to do - maybe!

In the US, it is actually illegal to drop anything out of an aircraft.

They used to do it all the time pamphlets, flyers, even the odd turkey (fictional and a really bad idea).

Even the US Airmail at one time was actually dropped out of an airplane flying overhead in rural areas.

They even used to cull overpopulated wild animal herds this way.

But these days I'm not even sure it's legal to spit out the window of your Piper Cub.

Now for the maybe part, it's not clear that model planes are aircraft in any legal sense and the only existing precedent - Trappy's case so far indicates they aren't.

But I wouldn't go to far with that.

Actually RC bomb and parachute drops have been popular events for years, even AMA sanctioned I believe (bombs are plastic or cardboard and have talcum powder in them so not actually a threat).

With any luck the FAA won't try to make an example out of you, although judging from the unlikely targets they have been picking lately (volunteer search and rescue organizations) I wouldn't count on it.

Please note sarcasm for FAA.

When I was a kid they had this really great back yard catapult powered by bungee cords, it was for launching water baloons, of course they were eventually launching rocks (it could throw them 4 or 5 blocks too) nowhere in the neighborhood was safe.

(Till the kids father found out and turned it into kindling).

Maybe you can find one of those on EBay.

This reply was deleted.

Activity