Post Mortem - ARDUCOPTER Crash. What happened?

OK, I have about 50 hours flying this particular multicopter. I was documenting some levy's for some farmers when I lost control of the Hexa. You can see from the DVR that I lost control when I went from Stab to Loiter then Stab. This switch from Loiter to Stab was the moment it went into a violent flat spin and crashed.Any ideas what happened?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOEfVKBxoN4&sns=em(Apm 2.5)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same problem many time, I can't find the reason, attachment is last fly log and tlog, anyone can analysis it and find out the reason.

Thank in advance

2013-10-25 13-25 5.log.gpx

2013-10-25 12-04-30.tlog

• Smth like that happend to me on 2.9.1.

Suddenly lost control. Copter was swinging like in your video totally out of control.

• I am having this same issue, except with a quadcopter. I am using an APM 2.5 with the Mediatek GPS. I haven't done too much flying with the current configuration yet, but during the last testing run we were testing waypoints. Stabilize mode is definitely working very well.

The first time it happened was when we were tuning loiter. The copter was circling a little bit, so we switched it back to Stabilize and it practically flipped out of the air.

The second time it happened was when we were testing waypoints. When we flipped the switch for Auto, the copter starting going off quite a bit to the left of the first waypoint. However, when we switched back to stabilize the copter starting spinning and flipping before crashing to the ground (we did cut throttle shortly after loss of control).

It seems that it may have something to do with the GPS not working quite right, and then switching to stablize. I don't want to jump to conclusions though.

The log files are of the second time it happened. It's roughly one hour of flight testing, and the crash is at the very end. We had just switched to a new battery, which was also fine afterwards, so that's not the problem.

Anyone know what's going on?

2013-07-16 13-06-08.tlog

2013-07-16 15-50 3.log

2013-07-16 13-06-08.rlog

• Knew someone would ask that. No, I was having problems with my lap top.
  • Any chance of logs?

This reply was deleted.

Activity