Power board to battery connection

Hey all,

Silly question but I just got my quad from Udrones. The power distribution board has a male Deans plug but most batteries have bullet style plugs. What's the best way to connect the two? 

Any thoughts on what adapter to use to connect the battery?

3690910212?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for everyone's replies! Having never done this before, I enlisted the help of my local hobby shop to not only do it but teach me how so I can replicate it next time. 

I have to say though, that as a newbie, there are certain things I'm coming across that aren't outlined anywhere. This is a great instance. "Ready to fly kit" is a complete misnomer, but I'm really thankful for the supportive community that is this forum. I'm keeping track of all my learning lessons and hope to share the wealth with future newbies. 

Japi - regarding your question... I had purchased the Imax B610 and attempted to use it for the first time this weekend but turns out it was defective and really poorly constructed. Out of desperation I purchased the only other charger at a local shop - it's an Orion advantage IQ and charges through the balance cable. Should I be concerned by this? My battery is a Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah 45-90.

Thanks again for your help!

Forgot to mention, IMHO, the choice of your plug depends on your charger as well! does it has a deans plug? In my case my charger had XT60, hence I used XT60 everywhere. i.e. in PDB, in Batteries etc.. 

• Distributor

Just cut off the battery plug and use a deans to match that on the copter, I guess it goes without saying to not cut through both the wires at the same time! There will be many sparks, a dead Lipo and a damaged "you"!

I find that a number of people are now moving away from the deans towards the XT60 connectors, it could be worth looking at these moving forward?

I would also say a good addition to your setup would be a lipo battery tester and or a lipo battery alarm system.... :)

Regards

Martin.

www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk

This reply was deleted.

Activity