Hi All
I have one of the old ardupilots which I got before the 26th of Jan, not sure if this will effect anything. But on power up of the board the following happens: All the lights of the board comes on then the power light stays on and all the other lights start flashing in a sequence, not sure if this is a good or a badthing, can anybody help? (sorry very new to the game) Regards

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes everything is correct. But remember that the attiny is not working properly and you need to update the firmware. Also the atmega has nothing, you need to upload need code via the ftdi cable. That blinking LEDs are just to verefy the board is working properly.
Hi all,
My guess, Andre, is - don't worry ! I have recently received a board from the same batch and had the same result. After much head scratching I reasoned that this is most likely an in-built test sequence to show that it all works. If the powers that be know better please let us (both) know.
My problem is I discovered that the Sparkfun FTDI Basic board doesn't seem to work with the Ardupilot - yes I read the note about using the Adafruit cable but hey come on at $14 v $20 I had to try the Spkfn one. I am now looking for bits to put an ICSP plug together.
I also got an error message in Arduino:
error: 'Altitude' was not declared in this scope In function 'void GPS()':
when testing the latest code.
Earlier code works fine.
Is this a real error or have I missed something ?

Regards
jordi,
i have one of those early backordered boards, i thought the only faulty code was the attiny , do we have to also upload code to the atmega? which code? the ardupilot.zip has many different .pdes in it. which ones do we have to upload? i thought we must only edit and add new waypoints to gpsnavigation.pde ( if we didnot want to use only the RTL function)
I had no problem using the Sparkfun FTDI board with my Ardupilot. I successfully uploaded the project and made modifications as well.

-tychoc
Simon, pls make sure you've run through our FTDI debugging tips. It could be a port setting that you need to change. Our Sparkfun board works fine.
thanks for all the advice, i need to get hold of someone in SA with a programmer to flash the Attiny chip, maybe someone knows someone who can help. Thanks
You're right Chris - it works ! Seems that my USB cable has a fault since the FTDI board would only be detected < half the time on connection; a spare cable cured the problem. Apologies are probably due to Sparkfun.
Thanks for your comments.
I know this thread is old so please forgive me... I have the old board too (11/something/2008 stenciled on the board.... I don't have it close by at the moment) and am now getting around to having a go at it. I am aware of the bad flash to the AT chip.

my question... do I need only the ftdi cable? or do I need this as well?
AVR STK Parallel Port Dongle Programmer
It really depends on exactly when you ordered it--you can't tell from the stencil. I'd just load the current code (2.4.6) and check it out. If the mode toggle works, then you're fine. You won't need the AVR programmer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service