PreArm Fail

Greetings People,

After configuring initial setup and calibrations, I tried to arm my copter, and it failed.

When I went to the flight data screen it displayed that "Servo 9 minimum is greater than trim".

Please does anyone have a solution for this problem.

Kindest regards

Franklin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I forgot to thank you for, your help, thanks a million and many cheers to you sky Master.

Franklin

• Greetings skyMaster,

I went back and adjusted my servo 9 settings by increasing the trim value, and lowering the min value

and that cleared trim below min value pre arm safety check now this is what am getting, but if i preed the safety switch it does arm, but before you get the bright green light on GPS fix, but now you have to push in the safety switch before it does to the bright green light..

prearmfailure.PNG

• Can you upload some pics of mission planner screens where you are seeing the error?

Franklin said:

Greetings thanks for the reply; \From the info on the planner, I get sps lock, but the pre arm fail from thr planner says that the pre arm fail is due to  " servo 9 minimum greater that trim", I dont know how now I went to configure and when to servo  and increased the value of the trim and lowered the minimum value, now the message went off but the dark green light that signifies ready to arm never came on, but when  i pushed the safety switch and powered the quad it armed  on but I did not attempt to fly it.f. 

iSkyMaster said:

I am personally not familiar with Spectrum DX7 TX and RX using Mission planner. I only use Taranis or Futaba radios.

If I attempt to make an educated guess, it sounds like when you push the throttle stick to the bottom right corner to arm the Pixhawk (Assuming you have used the pushed button on Pixhawk to arm it also), its probably the channel 9 on you radio? for some reason Pixhawk is not getting the minimum PWN value it needs to go into arm mode.

1. Do you know how enable disable Pre Arm safety checks in Mission planner? if not read this article https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-prearm-safety-checks.html

One of your Pre Arm check conditions might be failing as well. Its either GPS lock or any other parameter you have asked Pixhawk to check, before it can arm the motors.

Also, here is info on Spectrum DX7 radio and RX setup.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-pixhawk-and-px4-compatible...

Franklin said:

Greetings iSkyMaster

I am using PX4 pixhawk, and mission planner 

the copter is a quad copter X configuration. and for transmitter using Spectrum DX7

Thanking you in advance and sorry for leaving out 

the necessary information.

cheers 

PreArm Fail
    Greetings People, After configuring initial setup and calibrations, I tried to arm my copter, and it failed. When I went to the flight data screen it…
  • Greetings thanks for the reply; \From the info on the planner, I get sps lock, but the pre arm fail from thr planner says that the pre arm fail is due to  " servo 9 minimum greater that trim", I dont know how now I went to configure and when to servo  and increased the value of the trim and lowered the minimum value, now the message went off but the dark green light that signifies ready to arm never came on, but when  i pushed the safety switch and powered the quad it armed  on but I did not attempt to fly it.f. 

iSkyMaster said:

I am personally not familiar with Spectrum DX7 TX and RX using Mission planner. I only use Taranis or Futaba radios.

If I attempt to make an educated guess, it sounds like when you push the throttle stick to the bottom right corner to arm the Pixhawk (Assuming you have used the pushed button on Pixhawk to arm it also), its probably the channel 9 on you radio? for some reason Pixhawk is not getting the minimum PWN value it needs to go into arm mode.

1. Do you know how enable disable Pre Arm safety checks in Mission planner? if not read this article https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-prearm-safety-checks.html

One of your Pre Arm check conditions might be failing as well. Its either GPS lock or any other parameter you have asked Pixhawk to check, before it can arm the motors.

Franklin said:

Greetings iSkyMaster

the copter is a quad copter X configuration. and for transmitter using Spectrum DX7

cheers 

PreArm Fail
    Greetings People, After configuring initial setup and calibrations, I tried to arm my copter, and it failed. When I went to the flight data screen it…
  • I am personally not familiar with Spectrum DX7 TX and RX using Mission planner. I only use Taranis or Futaba radios.

Franklin said:

Greetings iSkyMaster

cheers 

Pre-Arm Safety Checks — Copter documentation
  • Greetings iSkyMaster

cheers 

• What copter, what flight controller, what ground control software are u using? :)

I wish we can be mind readers...

This reply was deleted.

Activity