Prefetching of imageries stopped working

I was using google imagery and there was no issue to prefetch it. But now it has stopped working.

After entering the number of layers (default is 20, I change it to 19) as soon as I click OK I shows a windows error message and the Mission Planner gets closed. I have the latest Mission Planner as I let it update whenever it requires to do so and I have Windows 10 that is also regularly updated. Some update, I don't know either of the Mission Planner or Windows, caused this issue. Any suggestion to resolve this please?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Something wrong with the newer MP. But sounds like you are all set with the 3.2.1. So get that aircraft up and flying!

Anwar Ali Khan said:

I am not getting those Firmware selection options at the lower right corner of Install Firmware menu as in this pic:

3702342257?profile=original

So I installed an older version of Mission Planner where the Terminal menu was also available at the top. From where I checked the Firmware on my board and surprisingly found it to be 3.2.1. This means that the latest version of the Mission Planner automatically loads the right Firmware? The Firmware choice options were also available at the lower right corner of that older version of Mission Planner. So I opted for my downloaded 3.2.1 and uploaded it again to the board. After that I updated the Mission Planner but again the choice of Firmware selection at the lower right corner disappeared. Then after uninstalling it, re installed the latest version of the Mission Planner but still could not get that choice. However, I am now confident that the Firmware installed on my board is 3.2.1.

• I am not getting those Firmware selection options at the lower right corner of Install Firmware menu as in this pic:

3702341899?profile=original

So I installed an older version of Mission Planner where the Terminal menu was also available at the top. From where I checked the Firmware on my board and surprisingly found it to be 3.2.1. This means that the latest version of the Mission Planner automatically loads the right Firmware? The Firmware choice options were also available at the lower right corner of that older version of Mission Planner. So I opted for my downloaded 3.2.1 and uploaded it again to the board. After that I updated the Mission Planner but again the choice of Firmware selection at the lower right corner disappeared. Then after uninstalling it, re installed the latest version of the Mission Planner but still could not get that choice. However, I am now confident that the Firmware installed on my board is 3.2.1.

• It always shows the latest version, but it will not work on your boards. In the lower right of the screen there is the option to load old versions from the archive.

• The board is confirmed APM 2.5. I have two of these, one with vertical and one with side pins:

3702342002?profile=original

And under Install Firmware I get this window:

3702341886?profile=original

I select the Quad Copter, it verifies the board and uploads the firmware on it without any issue. If the manual says that V 3.2.1 should be uploaded then there should be some way to do that. But there is no option of choice to select a particular version and it automatically uploads the firmware and from this picture (which is under the Install Firmware menu) it appears that the uploaded version is 3.4.4.

• 3.4.4 will not run on APM. Normally it will not even try to install it if you have an APM flight controller. The APM is obsolete there will be no further updates beyond 3.2.1. So either you have a Pixhawk of some kind, or your Mission Plannner is corrupted.

• Confusion again that there is no choice of version selection available under the "Install Firmware" where for the APM Quad it selects V 3.4.4 while the manual says that the last version for APM is V 3.2.1.

I could not find any way to select V 3.2.1 so had to update the APM with V 3.4.4.

Either the manual is not updated and the last suitable version for APM Quad is 3.4.4 or there should be some way to upload V 3.2.1.

• Unfortunately that appears to be the case. I see no reason to delete the archive. The size of the files was small.

• Thanks guys for your support and guidance. Now the things are quite clear.

The Mission Planner is still available in zip and msi format on the web (I have just downloaded 1.3.43 in both formats) but I don't think the firmware is anymore available in such a standalone format. Some time ago I downloaded the firmware 3.2.1 in zip format but I cannot find that in such a standalone format. (I have a bad habit of keeping all such resources readily available on my computer).

• The APM is still perfectly good for what it was designed to do. As long as you don't use it for an Octocopter and don't need new features that only run on the Pixhawk.

It is certainly possible that Mission Planner will evolve to a point that it will not support the APM but, like the firmware limit of APM being 3.2.1, you will always be able to use an older version of Mission Planner that works with APM. All the old versions of firmware and Mission Planner are available on firmware.ardupilot.org.

Just remember that for each revision of firmware like 3.2.1 there are many specific hex files for each configuration. So there is a 3.2.1 for a Quad and a 3.2.1 for a hex etc. Just get the right one for your aircraft.

CHeers and good luck

ArduPilot Firmware Download
  • You can use any version of Mission Planner to upload any version of ardupilot firmware as long as the APM itself is supported

This reply was deleted.

Activity