Hi all,

I would like to present my new UAV project based on the ATMEGA 1280 and Arduino language. On the autopilot there is the ATMEGA 1280, a 5V and 3.3V regulator, 4 low pass filters for the IMU, 4 connectors to motor/servos and connectors to the telemetry module. The RC - receiver is connected to one interrupt, this interupt reads the sum - signal from the receiver. I presented this autopilot as proposal last year here in this forum.

Name of the Aircraft: "Lerche 500" (Lark)
Wingspan: 490 mm
Take off weight: 250 Gramm
Control: Motor, Aileron, Pitch, Payload - Dropping

Motor: MFLY 180
Controller: Hype 6A (similar to Turnigy 6 Ampere)
Accumulator: 2 cells LiPo 800 mAh
Servo: 2 x Dymond D 47 + 1 x MC 10
Telemetry modul: Radiotronix 868 Mhz
RC - receiver: ACT sum - signal 35 MHz
IMU (Sparkfun modules): 2 x ADXRS610 + 1 x ADXL322
Camera: 380 lines, view upright, 2.4 GHz
GPS: 4 Hz
Autopilot: 30 x 40 mm based on ATMEGA 1280

On the fuselage there is the programming socket and the accumulator load socket. With the first button I can switch the electronic on (autopilot, telemetry, IMU, RC - receiver and GPS). The other button switchs the motor, servo motors and the wireless camera on. Now I work on the software. The basis in the vehicle is Arduino language and on the ground station I will use Borland C with OpenGL and GLUT library. The electronic block is embedded in a safety box, so I hope I can avoid to much damage during the "learning phase". And when all tests are sucessful, then I will use this set up and this aircraft on the competition www.IMAV2010.org in Braunschweig (Germany). We will see...

Best regards from the northern part of Germany
Tumba

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the presentation and the event are both excellent. To make a very excellent presentation, however, I personally used the services of the firm slidepeak https://slidepeak.com/ . It enables me to showcase the advantages of my company proposal and draw the audience in with graphic information.
    SlidePeak: Impactful Presentations for Every Need
    Looking for someone to create, edit, or improve your PowerPoint presentation? Check our samples and talk to us today! We're online 24/7
  • Now with the flight video from the International Micro Air Vehicle Conference IMAV 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pnMhqK7z4

Best regards
    Tumba
  • Now I performed the first flights, every thing works. I was flying automatically 4 turns, each 1 km. The dropping point will calculated by the flight altitude and the wind. The wind will updated permanently. Now I optimize all closed loop controller.

Regards Tumba

Wegpunkt= way point
    Abwurf= dropping location (in flight altitude)
    Ziel= target (on the ground)

• w0w
    what funkmodul is for?
  • Very nice Tumba, if you could be so kind....what is the series and manufacturer of the connectors you used, also is did you create a custom board to hold the gryos and accelerometers..also why not 3 gryos? The workmanship of your airplane looks nice too.
  • 3D Robotics
    Nice work on the board layout! It looks like you basically reinvented ArduPilot Mega from scratch (including the code, GCS, etc). That's a lot of work....what were you trying to do that ArduPilot Mega doesn't do?
This reply was deleted.

Activity