Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try asking here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/475067179282671/

Drone Pilot Jobs
    Share Drone Pilot Job Offers/Demand, please Contact for promotional posts in adronepilot@gmail.com Comparte tus anuncios de compraventa de drones…
  • Yes, I have managed to do this but I believe I accomplished this with an R7008SB receiver in mode D. I dont have the unit anymore but I had to upgrade to firmware 3.2 from 3.1.5 for it to work. What firmware are you on? 

• Hi and thanks very much for the reply.

Unfortunately I know almost nothing about RC systems and Futaba products, so I really do not know, I will google though to get an understanding.

Did you get all 14 channels? I mean if you connected something on RC11 it woud correspond to Futaba's AUX 11?

Thanks again

• Hi,
        I am interested with Pixhawk and planning to buy one. but can I use it with my jr xg14 transmitter and rgrg731bx DMSS receiver? is it compatible with JR DMSS system?

Thanks
        Faruk
        FARSEZ is online now Send a private message to FARSEZ Find More Posts by FARSEZ
        RC Groups
        RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
  • Hi there,

I am a Pixhwak user on a hexacopter and trying to get 14 channels out of the pixhwahk connected to a Futaba 6208Sb receiver. Has anyone achieved this sucesfully? Futaba manual says that you can set the receiver to mode B and get an extra set of 8 channels on the pin ports. IS this true?

Thanks for your time

Spyros

• Dear Martin,
    I had my first flight yesterday with pixhawk integrated. To my surprise we had a nice flight without any issues. I could try out almost all the modes (Stabilize, FBWA,FBWB, Loiter, Auto etc.). It was absolutely fine, had to do little bit of tuning, but still a lot of work is left. The good thing is I could do all these without connecting the PPM encoder also .The pixhawk was not responding before, because I was not depressing the safety switch before arming it. I think this is an important step that everyone should know, Thanks a lot for your support...
    Madhuraj
  • Dear Martin,
    Thank you very much for the reply. I will get back to you after my flight...
    Thank you
    Madhuraj
  • This is the switch port you can see at the centre of the Pixhawk. I is the between the telemetry and serial ports,
    thanks
    Madhuraj
      Hi madhuraj,
      No problems, that's the safety switch! You are required to depress the switch each time you arm the copter, it has 3 light displays. Quick and constant blinking is it performing a system check, just wait until it finishes- it should then go to slow constant blinking meaning that it is ready to arm. You should only need to press it for a few seconds if you have waited until the checks have been completed. It will then go to solid red meaning that it is ready to arm on your transmitter. Sometimes it will take a long time to arm as it performs the pre arm checks, especially if you are trying to take off in a gps assisted mode as it will wait until the gps is up and running (30secs or so). If so try arming in stabilise but do give it time before going to GPS assist modes. I always arm in stabilise but check GPS status beforehand. You can disarm the safety checks in mission planner but I do not recommend it unless you are well aware of the system, it is there to look after you!
      Hope it goes well, let me know if you have any issues,

Martin
This reply was deleted.

Activity