problematic hex conversion -

former quad, converting to hex with a custom frame.

Basically after building a custom frame and porting everything over, i now am having some odd problems that arent making sense to me. Im using APM 2.0, a stock pdb, motors, escs (flashed to tgy.hex) 12x3.8

In short,

1. motor rotation is correct ( CW/CCW) also conforms to DIY diagram for heX

2. Controller authority appears incorrect when attempting lift-off ( edit- 5-6 were reversed in loom - have not tested liftoff)

3. Not all of the motors spin when testing from CLI, but all spin when i throttle up in a test. 5 and 3 fail in CLI test.

4. some motors do not spin at same speed when spinning up. Say for instance throttle is at 5%, then two fo the six do not appear to rotate at same speed.  300rpm vs 100rpm One or more occasionally lag on the startup as well.

Ive connected all motors according to their numeric order but something is a little screwy here. Also to whoever does set editing, the harness has different colors than the docs... Plus itd be nice to have a whole loom with all different colors for knuckleheads like me.

Any thoughts? In particular about the failures in CLI vs the flight mode? ( FWIW- CLI frame and mode match GUI)

TIA

Bart  

P.S. Pic of custom hex frame w/out cover, note FPV cam mount and lower gimbal mount

2012-09-07 00.44.30.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity