I'm building a F-117 from a kit to a full blown opperational UAV. I'll keep people updated on my progress with pictures and more. This is my first time doing this so I would love any advice people have on servos and other electronics.

Views: 747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ill put all the numbers in there later tonight. I'm going to use vulcanizing tape to reinforce the wings and fuselage.

Speaking of mucking with the aerodynamics :P

If you're feeling adventurous, you may be able to get some additional lift at the same time by closing off the v tail with an additional airfoil/elevator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-tail

Similar approach as a box wing but for increasing rigidity of the tail instead.

I'm guessing you would have to adjust the center of gravity to compensate for the new aerodynamic center.

If that sounds stupid, you could probably KISS & brace the tips to each-other using control rod material without adding much drag or weight

I have everything now but the battery and the camera. I'm looking for the best 11.1V Li Po battery and a small lightweight camera to strap to the bottom of the aircraft.
I have everything now but the battery and the camera. I'm looking for the best 11.1V Li Po battery and a small lightweight camera to strap to the bottom of the aircraft.
Once all the eleteonics come in the mail I'm gonna restart the project. Til then I'm interested in on looking for a batter and camera.
Just need a camera to strap on to the bottom anyone got any suggestions?
This is inherently a bad idea. The horizontal tail on an aircraft serves to cancel out the moment created about the center of pressure on the wing. When the horizontal tail is placed aft of the wing, it must produce a downward force to cancel this moment. Adding a lift producing closure to the top of the tail would cancel out the downward moment produced by the horizontal tail and cause loss of pitch control.
I'm not messing with the wings at all I'm leaving them just the way they are.
I'm just waiting for all the electronics an motors and batteries to come in the mail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service