QGroundControl Communication Issue

Hello,

I am trying to set up a hardware in the loop simulation using QGroundControl, an Aurpilot Mega, and X-Plane. It seems that X-Plane is sending the correct GPS data to QGroundControl, but that QGroundControl is not sending any information back to X-Plane (i.e. control surface inputs have no effect.)

So far, hardware in the loop simulations have been run successfully using Mission Planner with either X-Plane 9 or 10, but the same communication issue appears using QGroundControl (1.0.4/1.0.5) on both Mac OS X and Windows XP. The Ardupilot Mega's firmware is Plane HIL code flashed from Mission Planner. Input/Outputs and Net Connections have been set in X-Plane as per https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/users/hil_setup. After connecting to X-Plane, QGroundControl shows that it is receiving data from X-Plane. Control surface inputs and Manual/Auto mode switches also display in QGroundControl.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mark,

Any luck with that?

I am trying to do the same thing, but don't know the steps. Please let me know if you managed to solve this problem.

Thanks.

• Mohamed, I never managed to find a solution and ended up moving on to a different project.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Hiroki Tanaka liked Hiroki Tanaka's profile
Oct 13
Derrick Davies liked lisa TDrones's profile
Sep 23
xemone liked Max Gilson's profile
Aug 31
More…