quad keep spinning

I recently assembled a quad with ardumega board and tried to do a test flight, got it off the ground and the copter spins to the left with no yaw controll. It is in the x configuration. I had checked motor rotation. Prop orientation and all seem ok.

Not sure what is going on with this.....................?

Any ideas?? Possible motor controls mixed up?

Thanks

Alan

PS like in the video, but not so drastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmkD92ZtXQ

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did  few things this morning  to check the quad.

went  into the raw sensor data, All sensors when quad is still are flat on graph. On the little gauges all are 0 except the Yaw which sat at about 110*. I figure the compass is working , quad is orientating.

Went into the terminal to do some tests, I think I am in the cli. and compass test came back, Not Comptable with 1280

same with most tests. Why would that be? How can I find the problem If I cant run some tests ?

Also when I go and look at the logs, they show arduplane as the firmware>.......???????????

Also when I go to setup, nothing happens, type in command, like motors .......... nothing ?

Makes me wonder if I am really in the cli...... I hit enter 3 times and I dont see any confirmation of entering the cli ....

This is really frustrating me. Is there a way I could send you my setup and take a look at it.

Oh by the way, On the compass, heading my flight data screen..... the heading does take a while to settle. Maybe 1 or 2 min. Is that what your system was doing?

Any help very greatly appreciated

Thanks

Alan

• I have checked and re calibrated radio and ESC's

I have done the motors CLI test and all is OK.

Assuming one motor is down on power and it spins counter clockwise I should be able to narrow it down to two out of four motors.

So for a counter clockwise spin which two should I look at first?

• Actually I am now having the same problem.

I am sure it was not doing this yesterday.

Tried to fly today and it just starts spinning counter clockwise.

I have no idea.

• Wow, nobody has any ideas ????

Well I wiped the processor clean and reinstalled the program, rechecked all the input, outputs, calibrated the esc's and am going to try to get this up this weekend.

Thanks

Alan

This reply was deleted.

Activity