Radio modem / GPS antenna setup

Could you guys post some pictures of your antenna setups? I have trouble getting a GPS fix with the RFD modems on (I uses 868 european models).

Here's my setup:
- Reach DGPS base station, RFD868 on the serial port, powered through the reach
- Reach DGPS rover, Navio with RFD 868 on the USB port via FTDI, and reach on the serial 6 wire port.

I think I'm doing something wrong with antennas because:
- When I let the Reach DGPS modules communicate with wifi, everything is fine and I get a real fast fix.
- When they keep communicating via wifi, but I turn on the radio modem of the base station, I get no fix.
- When I turn off wifi and inject DGPS in Mavlink, I get nice dgps data, but still no fix.

It's as if the radio modem is destroying the satellite data.

What is a good antenna setup?

I put my gps antennas on an aluminum foil baseplate of 11x11 cm, and any radio modem antennas are below that plane.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you find the information needed for a good installation and share it with us?
    https://basketballlegends.fun
    BASKETBALL LEGENDS
    Basketball legends a great basketball game, where you can have a lot of fun, awaits you. You can play this game against the computer or with your fri…
  • Anyone found a solution to this?  Haven't seen an update with any good responses.  www.fortivacreditcard.com

www.fortivacreditcard.com – Apply for Fortiva MasterCard
    Consumers that have been pre-approved for the Fortiva MasterCard Credit Card can visit www.fortivacreditcard.com to apply online.
  • There are very interesting question and very positive thinking in piano tiles 2 your mind so i like this topic so i one suggestion we can use it now bing

Piano Tiles 2
    Piano tiles, piano games, piano online, play piano - Don t Tap the White Tile or Don t Tap the White Tile is a single-player app launched on March 28…
  • I have the same issue - please update me as soon as this problem get's fixed or if you can find a solution.
    Thank you.

happy wheels

Happy Wheels
    Play Happy Wheels - Your goal is to complete various challenges, overcome deadly obstacles and lose as few limbs as possible! Ignore the blood and ke…
  • I think it's a brown out. Still experimenting.

• Same problem, 

Switch on the RFD868x and no GPS, RFD868 seems a jammer of GPS

Has you found a solution?

This reply was deleted.

Activity